Interest Quantum Leap Calculator Handlink by Replica Props, Cosplay Lights and Sound, SP Productions, and Halocat

masterjedi322

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Following on the success of replicaprops and morganfeldon Quantum Leap Gummy Bear handlink, RPF member halocat and myself have all teamed up to bring you the premiere replica of the Quantum Leap handlink as seen in seasons 2 and 3, fondly referred to as the calculator link.

quantumleap3.jpg

Some folks are aware, but I'm the fortunate steward of a screen used calculator handlink that was used on the show. We will be leveraging this resource to create the most accurate replica possible!

However, like many of our favorite props, there are actually two variations of the calculator link, which we've deemed V2 and V3 as they were the second and third variants of the handlink (the pilot used a static prop, which is considered the V1).

I own the V3, but we have also amassed a good collection of reference materials to construct an accurate V2.

To help us gauge interest in which replica to prioritize, Rob at Replica Props has created two interest lists on his website here:

V2 interest - 144-Quantum Leap "Calculator" Handlink (season 2)

V3 interest - 145-Quantum Leap "Calculator" Handlink (season 3)

Please sign up on Rob's website if you're interested in either or both!

We'll be sure to keep the community posted on our progress! More to come...

Sean

When these were the best pictures we had available to consider doing this prop, it seemed a longshot. However with access to the original prop being provided by Sean, and building on everything we learned with the Gummy Bear handlink, making this as a replica is an exciting prospect!

This "calculator" version of the Handlink prop is truly one-of-a-kind (there were 2 Gummy Bears handlinks) and was used for most of season 2, five episodes in season 3, and made one final appearance in the latter half of Lee Harvey Oswald. The green matrix LED display will have several different messages.

Attachments

• handlink_original.jpg
    handlink_original.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 1,131
  • handlinkoriginal_ebay.jpg
    handlinkoriginal_ebay.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 573
Last edited:
Your best bet so we can gauge interest is to add yourself to the "calculator" season 2/3 Handlink wishlist here:

There's currently a price there but that's a best guess at this point. We are currently reviewing available parts and electronics design. The matrix displays haven't been made in 30 years and the replacements while nice and bright are out-of-scale from the original prop. We are considering a few solutions. The final prop will have the colored LED blocks, 6 character matrix LED display with scrolling text, lights, sounds, capacitive touch rivets to change the animations and trigger sounds, and shock detection.

Thanks for your interest!!

Interested in a V3 depending on detail and price
It's going to be the best prop replica you have ever seen. Morgan (cosplaylightandsound) is an absolute beast at making electronics. He and I have access to the screen used prop, and tons of experience in making handlinks. We will make sure its the best it can be. You'll see.
Morgan says "your socks will remove themselves without any assistance"

It's going to be the best prop replica you have ever seen. Morgan (cosplaylightandsound) is an absolute beast at making electronics. He and I have access to the screen used prop, and tons of experience in making handlinks. We will make sure its the best it can be. You'll see.
Morgan says "your socks will remove themselves without any assistance"
Are you not answering your messages on Facebook or Facebook Messenger for some reason?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back