Quakevirus's Custom Cannon Contest Entry--The Bad Blood Cannon--Final Pics Pg 3

SMOKE

I've been wanting to sculpt a new cannon ever since I finished my last one.

I'll be using Chavant Medium and various obscure greebles here and there. First steps is an armature. Gimme a couple days and I should have a armature made and start slinging some clay.

This one should be fun! :)

Oh yeah. The about me part.. I'm a Freelance Graphic Desiger/Artist. The design pays the bills,The art keeps me sane. I 'majored in Fine Arts and minored Graphic Design. I started making Props and costumes about two years ago. My best sculpting work has been here on the lair. (y)

First update!!

Started on the Armature last night. I decided lastnight I'm going with a Falcon Drone inspired cannon with a Tri Barrel Design.

It's a start. (y)
IMG_20120512_121818-1.jpg

Dude I already like your concept with this! Tri - barrel idea is awesome - inspired much? lol

Thanks Jason! Very inspired and motivated.( I want that Shadow Pred..lol) :D I think the tri barrel layout will work well with the Falconer direction I'm going. I'm thinking that the Barrels will be coming out of it's "Mouth".

Here's another shot with a little shape and clay.
IMG_20120512_133036-1.jpg

:( mine have a tri barrel too, buts its different :) at night ill post my sketch

It's all good man!! I can't wait to see what you come up with! When I saw Munson's Custom Cannon thread this morning I was like " ****.. **** .. ****..that's kinda what I was going to do..oh well still doing it" lol

I have to say, this contest is going to yield some EPIC cannons, no doubt.

Update: Armature done.

I screwed the metal tip from a old heat gun on to a heavy board.
IMG_20120512_143326-1.jpg

and Tada! rotatable armature done. I realize that leaves me a pretty large space on the bottom where the armature meets the sculpt. I'm going to have to sculpt a separate mounting bracket type cover for that area. (y)
IMG_20120512_143337-1.jpg

Gotta a concert to goto tonight so not sure how much more I'll get done on this today but now I'm atleast off to a good start.

Awesome, great start bud! That last pic reminds me the human heart with the valves and arteries coming in .... idea.....oh that biology mind lol

Thanks man!

Here's an update.. This will give you a very basic idea of where I'm headed..Still a ton of things I want to and need to do. Hell it might all change but it's progress.

Oh yeah the Spheres are supposed to be blue. In my custom those balls are plasma chambers .

IMG_20120514_021206-1.jpg

This is probably the last full shot I'll take until it's done. The rest will be little peeks here and there. :ninja:

Thanks for looking

Ooohhhh... Very organic! Are you going to tech it up to create a biomech type look or are you going for the straight organic look?

Ooohhhh... Very organic! Are you going to tech it up to create a biomech type look or are you going for the straight organic look?

I'm going to try and tech it up a little, with a few small Biomech looking greebles here and there. I'm shooting for a 90:10 Bio:Mech ratio. Gotta start digging through those old model kits here soon. ;)

Here's one more shot of today's work (all 60 minutes of it..bah) on it so far... The over all shape is coming together. Once the wife and kids go to sleep I'm going to slam a couple NERD Focus energy drinks and attack it some more. So much to do and only 17 days left.. Tick..tock..tick..tock.. :ninja:

Haven't smoothed anything out yet. still rough...
IMG_20120514_223809-1.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back