Quakevirus Predator Build Wip - Suit Up Pics And Video Pg 8

SMOKE

Hello Hunters, My name is Jonathan and I'm ready to embark on the journey. :D This is my first predator build so any tips would be greatly appreciated. I'm getting my under mask from Termokk here in the Lair(Thanks Corey!!) and everything else is looking like its coming from scratch and a little bit of pepakura (bio, armor, skin, weapons, dread beads, the whole 9 yards). I really want to personalize my pred as much as i can and really try to make it unique.

The first step is to get a undermask or as my wife calls it "my christmas present" and thanks to Corey, that ball is rolling. After that comes in I'll start working on the Bio Mask.

Next is my skin, (gotta have something to put all that kickass armor I'm going to make on).
I'm 5'10/145lbs, so I think I'm going the "mr inc" route with my body skin. I want my skin to fit pretty decent and I need to I can bulk it up a bit.

So far I have my pvc mannequin frame together and I'm waiting for my wife to duct tape me together so I can finish the mannequin and start building the skin.

Here's some pics of the Laser Mines I'm making.
IMG_20111116_012753-1.jpg

IMG_20111116_012735-1.jpg

And here's a pic of the Wrist Blades I making. I still need to mold and cast a couple of these in resin. I think I'm going to fix what i need to on them and mold a couple blades tonight. :D

IMG_20111117_163509-1.jpg

So my next step is the skin, I need that before I move forward to the armor.

Thanks for looking, Enjoy the Journey, This is going to be fun.

Looks like a good start, keep us posted on your progress!

Thanks Corey! Will do! I'm just waiting on some supplies to come in.;)

Nice start, what are the blades made from?

I made the blade from movieman's pep file and some bonding to smooth it out. I made a mold last and should have a couple resin pulls done this evening. Ill post pics of the results tonight.

Thanks for looking guys!

Small update: I screwed up my blade mold. Doh! oh well, I'll just get some more rebound25 and remold it this weekend. I'm a lil pissed about it but It was my fault and a learning experience. (make sure you have enough materials to finish the job, came out short and was like "fuuuuuuuuudge" :D ) Blades are the least of my worries at this point, I'll get them hammered out.

Good news is I finished the pvc pipe frame and my wife will be duct taping me tomorrow. Please pray she cuts me out! lol Will post pics of the progress if anyone wants. Should be hilarious. The goal is to have the skin and undermask together by next weekend so that I can start making the armor for it.

Things already ordered and paid for or have:

Termokk V3.0 mask
Mr inc suit
1 gallon latex
Pros-Aide
various sponges, cotton things for the suits texture.
Fish net body suit
Antique leather for the leather parts.

Still need to get:
Dreads
Beads(will be making these for more of a personal touch)
Compressor and airbrush
Paints
Sintra for the Armor
Pred feet? might make em might order them idk yet.
The right Gloves to make my own pred hands(this one is gonna be fun)

Once i get all the stuff I ordered in hand, this build will really start moving. I gave myself a mid February deadline but it looks like It will be sooner if there isn't any major problems.

Tomorrow I should have the duct tape dummy pics up. Im going to try and keep myself busy with little things here and there while I'm waiting for the orders to start arriving.

My wallet hurts but I'll have enough supplies to keep me entertained for a while.

Thanks for looking,

Quakevirus :)

Those pep files are pretty good. Once the mask comes in I'm going to pep out a Bio helmet as a base for some creativity. I want to make sure the Bio is scaled right for Corey's 3.0 before I build it.

Oh yeah! Managed to get a pic of the pvc frame. The journey has officially begun. Everything I need to get started on the body skin and mask is on the way.

Might have to adjust the shoulder's abit.

IMG_20111117_190455-1.jpg

More updates as they happen. If my activity on this site stops..It's because my wife has killed me over tonights money spending,

Well my wife didn't get around to helping me duct tape myself up today.. :( but as a family we all went to the flea market and pick up a good amount (and steady supply if i need more) of "seed beads" of different sizes, to add in between layers of latex for the some of the skin bumps. I also picked up a zipper for the skin for. Not to mention over 30 yards of black 1in, 2in and 3in elastic for $12. :D I'll be using pop rivets and some of the elastic to attach all the armor pieces to each other. That way, they articulate well.

I did, however got the time to duct tape my hands. This is the plan, I'm not sure if anyone's done this yet, the process might end up it's own Huntorial. The plan is to make my own gloves using the Macguyver "mr inc" method. First step ductape hands...I picked up a couple long cuff latex gloves at the dollar store. yay long cuffs! After that I started laying down the tape..

I tape those fingers together to copy the shape of a pred hand.
IMG_20111119_171621-1.jpg

after that I finished up the hand and carefully cut it down the side and removed my hand. When I say removed I mean....pulled, yank, used my teeth to get out. In the end sweat was my friend. Next time I'm spraying my hand down with soapy water before I start.
IMG_20111119_172459-1.jpg

Here's the inside. At this point you start stuffing the fingers. I used news paper managed to get it in packed in there pretty tight. after you get the fingers done tape the side up about halfway. stuff some more. then repeat.

IMG_20111119_172506-1.jpg

tada! Duct Tape Pred mannehands :D

IMG_20111119_185216-1.jpg

Just need the rest of the mannequin now. that might be a couple days. hopefully tomorrow tho.

Now I just need some cheap polyester or nylon costume type gloves to add the nails to and latex up.

Thanks for coming back and checking the build out. :)

Nice idea, its new to me. Are you gonna make a mould of the hands and then make a life cast of them? So then you can add some clay and sculpt the hands into shape?

The plan is to latex the pred hands the same way that macguyver made his Mr Inc skin. I'm going to slip some gloves over my ductape mannehands and layer latex/cotton etc until I get some low cost/wicked cool looking latex pred hands. All sounds good in theory right? Alternatively I can harden the ducttape hands with a few coats fiberglass resin to sculpt some pred hands out of some chavant meduim clay. Lifecasting is a too pricey for me right now. Algasafe cost too damn much. Lol

The plan is to latex the pred hands the same way that macguyver made his Mr Inc skin. I'm going to slip some gloves over my ductape mannehands and layer latex/cotton etc until I get some low cost/wicked cool looking latex pred hands. All sounds good in theory right? Alternatively I can harden the ducttape hands with a few coats fiberglass resin to sculpt some pred hands out of some chavant meduim clay. Lifecasting is a too pricey for me right now. Algasafe cost too damn much. Lol

Was thinking of the fiberglass resin and then sculpting. sounds like a better idea - more details can be added that way. Nice idea

Thanks Hunter-Hunted!

Something cool..
Last night I was playing with some Silicone window caulk and made a mold of my Laser Trip Mine. Today the Silicone was cured and I went ahead and cast a couple I resin so see how good the mold was. The mold could have came out better, there is more cleanup than I would like on the 2 pulls I made. After I clean up the two that I pulled, I'm going to remold all three of the tripmines at once. I ended up using maybe 1/3 of a tube on this little guy. Im going to use the same method of molding for the dread beads. Can't beat a mold for under $6.

Here are the two pulls next to the original. There is part of the silicone mold at the top of the pic. :)

IMG_20111120_150124-1.jpg

post pics of the molding :) i ya want to share :(

The bad thing about the cheap silicone mold I made, is that, it was only good for about 4-5 pulls before I ripped down the middle. :( I'll take pics of the process when I mold it again, no problem. ;)

I started on a neck seal this afternoon. It's nothin' fancy but it's a different/cheap way of getting one done. Here's what I came up with... :)

First you need some pieces of cotton rope, some 3 inch elastic(or whatever piece of material you want.) and some super glue gel.
oh yeah and a pile of trip mines for inspiration(these are optional)
IMG_20111121_171509-1.jpg

Then I start gluing them together.

IMG_20111121_171521-1.jpg

15ish Pieces later. I hot glued the rope piece to the elastic. That other elastic piece goes on the bottom the same as the top.

IMG_20111121_180626-1.jpg

Now I just need some latex to brush or spray over it, and attach some velcro, hooks or ties to the back to It.

IMG_20111121_180902-1.jpg

Not a bad start on it. :)

Thank you! I've been thinking about various parts I'm going to need for the suit and this one seemed like I could put it together pretty quickly with stuff I had around the house. Maybe It'll be useful to you on a future build. :)

Wip coming along very well. Always cool to see how other guys get round problems.
Must ask, the first couple of pics showing your mines? That's some weird shaped hands you got there! Sure you haven't landed from some far flung galaxy? Lol

Tony

Wip coming along very well. Always cool to see how other guys get round problems.
Must ask, the first couple of pics showing your mines? That's some weird shaped hands you got there! Sure you haven't landed from some far flung galaxy? Lol

Tony

Thanks man! aaand I have normal shaped hands! just a weird angle and rather large knuckles. lol I might be from another galaxy...would explain ALOT! haha

[quote name='Vor'mekta' timestamp='1321980462' post='323561']
thats coming along great. good idea on the neck collar. might use that technique myself lol :)
[/quote]

Thanks! Use away my friend, I'll have some more to show after my orders start arriving. Right now I'm doing what I can, With what I can.

Alright an update! finally got my wife to tape me up cut me out. Two purple fingers later we have a duct tape dummy with a Mr I suit on it. I was swimming in the thing so I brought it in, in the back, so it fits a bit tighter. I still need to do the legs before I latex it up.

IMG_0136.jpg

heres the zipper I fabric glued on there(i used Bish's Original tear mender). the hold is pretty damn good for just the glue. I might still run a stitch down it. Better than velcro. Thanks Vonroll for the tip. (y)
IMG_0137.jpg

Pepakura and bondoed a bio base for my custom bio. Apoxy clay is on the way. :) I'm hoping it wont be too small for the mask, if it is I just make a new one or modify this one. :unsure:

IMG_0133-1.jpg

More goodies.. Gallon of latex, prosaid, airbrush kit and a spray gun. looks like I'll be laying down some latex here soon. :D

IMG_0140.jpg

Thanks for looking guys. any tips on applying the latex would be much appreciated. I want to spray it out of the gun so that I don't have brush or roll marks. Any of you guys have any tips on that? :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back