Quakevirus "bone Crawler" Bio Sculpt --- Xeno Tracker Mod Started.

SMOKE

Hello Hunters!

I got 20lbs of Chavant Medium today in the mail and well I guess it time to start putting those Fine Art classes I took in college to good use.

As the title says I'm "claying it by ear" design wise. Right now I'm thinking a Wolf/P2 mix with a little bit of what happens along the way. I think that makes sense o_O

Anyways on to the sculpt!

First I made a Base to sculpt on. I really like the over all shape of the wolf bio. So I scaled the pep file to right size for my masks. After I built the model, I slushed around some smooth cast 65d on the inside of the bio to harden it. I recommend a nice thick coating of the resin (4 good coats should do), that way when your working the clay you have a hard surface to push on. Alternatively you can Fiber Glass it but the fumes suck.

About 1 hour and 1 lb into it. Smoothing out the model and having ideas.

IMG_1180.jpg

IMG_1179.jpg

IMG_1178.jpg

Feels good to have some decent clay in my hands again. :D

Thanks for looking and commenting folks (y)

That is super helpful because I too want to attempt my own bio one of these days. Looks good so far. All the stuff I have seen you pump out has been top notch so I cant wait to see a custom bio! Keep up the good work brother.

Looks good so far.... remeber a similar helmet for as motorcycle shade from a guy on ebay.....

Looking forward to see it finished. Keep going... :D

That is super helpful because I too want to attempt my own bio one of these days. Looks good so far. All the stuff I have seen you pump out has been top notch so I cant wait to see a custom bio! Keep up the good work brother.
Looks good so far.... remeber a similar helmet for as motorcycle shade from a guy on ebay.....

Looking forward to see it finished. Keep going... :D

Thanks guys! I'm curious to where this sculpt is going to end up.

Here's a small update:

I just about have the whole thing covered now and I decided to close in the back of the crown. Now its time to start bulking it up and roughing out some shapes and details. Still a lot to do.

IMG_1184.jpg

IMG_1185.jpg

IMG_1186.jpg

Thanks for looking and commenting folks!

Looks great so far. I'm glad your sculpting a Bio. It fits in with your builds. Are you going to make casts off of this?

Looks great so far. I'm glad your sculpting a Bio. It fits in with your builds. Are you going to make casts off of this?

Thanks Robert! I'm happy to finally be sculpting with clay that I have more control over. Once the sculpt is finished it will definitely be molded. ;)

looking grea bro might have to have one of these awesome job so far

Thanks Bro! I realize it's not much to look at right now but give me a few days and it will really start to take shape. (y) So far the pep base has saved me a alot of bulking out, time and well..clay. haha

Thanks bro, saved my self an estimated 2-4 lbs of clay by switching to a pep base. ::ala Geico:: (y) to savings.

Dayum man this is awesome, nice work. Have you got a design picture or are you just going with the flow? Looks like something outta mortal kombat or maybe even Saulron from Lord of the Rings.

Keep them updates coming this way

Thanks Jason! I'm pretty much making it up as I go man. I'd be lying if I said that Urat's bio work hasn't Influenced this sculpts direction alot. I like the Sauron reference, his helmet is mean as hell. I think I might try and pull some design elements off of that. Hmm

Oh HELL yes!!! I am really digging this design and the way it is taking shape. Keep with it.

Thanks bro! I'm having a blast sculpting it! (y)

Update time:

I guess I'm about ready to call this one done. After some minor finishing touches and adjustments, I'm sealing this sucker up and making a mold of it this weekend. If all goes well the casts will glow blue when a black light hits it.

Here's the pics:

IMG_1208.jpg

IMG_1209.jpg

IMG_1210.jpg

IMG_1211.jpg

Thanks for looking and commenting guys and gals!

I see you went with the TRI Laser in the forehead too huh?

It is a good place for it. I think it looks cool like that. I have a design too that has the laser in the middle and of course Steve Wang has his 'SSC-Stalker' Bio with the tri in the center. It just looks and feels right to have one there sometimes.

Groovy looking process so far though. Keep it up.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back