Quakevirus "bone Crawler" Bio Sculpt --- Xeno Tracker Mod Started.

yeah man, I always thought the trilaser looked cool on the forehead in the other custom bios I've seen here on the lair. Steve Wang's work is amazing. I'm going to have to check out the Art forum for the next bio sculpt. ;)

Thanks for the awesome comments man! I'm getting this sucker ready for molding tonight. Once the sealer is dry it's rebound 25 time. Looking like an all nighter tonight! lol

Here's the progress from last night's late night/ early morning

First layer of Rebound
IMG_20120303_005000-1.jpg

Second layer
IMG_20120303_014937-1.jpg

Thickened rebound for the undercuts.
IMG_20120303_025656-1.jpg

Another layer of rebound
IMG_20120303_032457-1.jpg

One more
IMG_20120303_104206-1.jpg

Fiber glass jacket
IMG_20120303_124817-1.jpg

Ready to demold!
IMG_20120303_132642-1.jpg

Lovely
IMG_20120303_134330-1.jpg

4 coats of UV treated resin.
IMG_20120303_151411-1.jpg

First pull.
IMG_20120303_160055-1.jpg

aaaaand back lit by a 9w 14k actinic blue aquarium bulb and a single piece of crap screw in black light bulb (gotta get a better one). I'll get some better pics after I weather it up a bit and adjust the lighting.

Absolutely zero photoshopping or color tweaks of anykind on this image. Took the pic with my cell these pics don't do the effect justice.

IMG_20120303_161146-1.jpg

Edit: More pics

I weathered it abit and added some black lens. :D

Here it is on my Termokk P1 (3.0 i think it is..) It also fits my DBP1.

IMG_1215-1.jpg

9w 14k Backlight only
IMG_1224.jpg

Back light with regular desk lamp light on top.
IMG_1225.jpg

IMG_1227.jpg

IMG_1217.jpg

Thanks for looking and commenting!

Looking really awesome

Thanks bro! When are you going to make some copies of that kickass trip mine you sculpted?

Awesome looking Bio man!! Great job on winging it!! What's in store next??? any plans?

Thanks man! I'm pretty pleased with how it came out. :D I want to touch out the paint a bit, maybe wash in some tans and yellows. Then do something with the "crawlers" (those ribbed pieces) . Maybe make a backlit display for the Bio. I also wouldn't mind taking a crack at sculpting a Spear at some point. ;) I also need to finish my boar... so I might work the not so costly stuff on it, here and there, while I get caught up on some "work that pays the bills " . as this build was funded by the birthday cash lol . Who knows a random sculpts might pop up here or there aswell. (y)

Well its getting very difficult to me to get the silicone and other materials smooth on doesnt ship to puerto rico, i habe to stick to ebay

Well its getting very difficult to me to get the silicone and other materials smooth on doesnt ship to puerto rico, i habe to stick to ebay

Ever thought about maybe having a lair member order for you. Then when they receive it, they just ship it to you. Will cost you more in shipping but it might be worth it in the long run. Just an idea.

More Bio pics!

IMG_1230.jpg

IMG_1233.jpg

IMG_1235.jpg

IMG_1238.jpg

IMG_1236.jpg

Still need to paint the crawlers...

Holy crap dude! That looks fantastic. I love the black lighting effect. How great is that for a display?!?! So if you do any more pulls.........

Dayum, I have been away far to long.

Man i feel trumped Not only have you sculpted and bio after me, you have molded and cast it before me as well - nice going . The concept is awesome and using UV treated resin is a cracking idea. Love it man, simply loving it.

Not sure if this has been asked but what Silicone did you use?

I know this term is used allot around these parts but still it's very fitting, this is awesome.

the sculpt,the materials of fabrication. way to think outside the box :cool:

well damn, how did i miss this thread? really nice work on this. the lighting effects are really nice.

Thanks bud! (y)

Holy crap dude! That looks fantastic. I love the black lighting effect. How great is that for a display?!?! So if you do any more pulls.........

Thanks for the awesome compliments man! The I catch myself randomly turning on the black light to check it the effect out . lol aaand I do have a couple UV Treated extras lying around... ;)

Dayum, I have been away far to long. Man i feel trumped Not only have you sculpted and bio after me, you have molded and cast it before me as well - nice going . The concept is awesome and using UV treated resin is a cracking idea. Love it man, simply loving it. Not sure if this has been asked but what Silicone did you use?

I work fast man, actually I'm about to finish up an alien tail tip sculpt tonight . I used SmoothOn's Rebound 25 silicone rubber for the mold and fiber glass for the jacket. After I get my alien tail tip mold finished and some casts of it out of the way, I think another bio sculpt is in the future or maybe a pred spear.

I know this term is used allot around these parts but still it's very fitting, this is awesome. the sculpt,the materials of fabrication. way to think outside the box :cool:

Thanks Andrew! (y) It feels great to be sculpting again. It's been waaay too long. More sculpts to come. ;)

I catch myself randomly turning on the black light to check it the effect out . lol aaand I do have a couple UV Treated extras lying around... ;)

Totally impressed. Lucky me, I've already snagged one of those. The UV effect is new to me. I've never seen it on the Lair before. As I told Quake, maybe a pulsing UV LED setup to give the BIO a 'heartbeat' of sorts.

Great work and I'm hoping to see that Alien tail soon.

Totally impressed. Lucky me, I've already snagged one of those. The UV effect is new to me. I've never seen it on the Lair before. As I told Quake, maybe a pulsing UV LED setup to give the BIO a 'heartbeat' of sorts.

Great work and I'm hoping to see that Alien tail soon.

Thanks again Alan! (y) Hopefully I'll get to see the display you come up with in person. You gotta link me

The Xeno Tail... :ninja: I still have some more detailing work to do and I need to work on the "blade" shape a bit more. It measures 13 inches tall... so far. I didn't know ,for sure, what forum to post it up into. I guess I can put it up in the weapons one on account of the AVP reference.

I had an extra pull that I cast with some extra black resin I had pre mixed, so I decided to do a quick paint up and mod to the Bone Crawler.. I kinda like it better than the original. lol

Introducing....The Jade Crawler
IMG_20120309_133635-1.jpg

IMG_20120309_133643-1.jpg

Green/purple lens
IMG_20120309_133657-1.jpg

Thanks for looking guys and gals!

Wow man... you really pulled this off wonderfully. I really dig how it is a little off in the symmetry too. Gives it that effect of being hand made and not cut from a machine.

I really like that green color, I think it sets it off really nicely. You did a great job man, as we all knew you would lol.

Wow man... you really pulled this off wonderfully. I really dig how it is a little off in the symmetry too. Gives it that effect of being hand made and not cut from a machine.
Thanks bro! I think the asymmetry helps accent the organic (with a little help from a crafty pred) nature of it. I think I'm going to mod the Bone Crawler's cheeks to match the Jade Crawler's. I think over all it make this bio look better.

I really like that green color, I think it sets it off really nicely. You did a great job man, as we all knew you would lol.

Thanks bro! I got the effect by washing deep yellow, then a toxic green color, then forest green and then a black wash. Each color got a heavy coat with a brush for coverage. Then I wiped off the excess with a cloth. (y)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back