QMx Robatto Sonic now ready for ordering

Place the order, and you will be. :lol :rolleyes+

I wonder if you could get the sonic insured for damage. :confused

:lol
It's pretty much a conclusion that you have to be a collector who has a job that pays enough to justify a 4k collectible purchase.
To many, 4k is a used car or a partial down payment on a house.
Sadly, this item is more tailored for the wealthy collector - or the obsessed.
Im looking forward to seeing what Qmx can do with their limited edition replica.

I will be making an order, as soon as I pay the following bills :cry

Electricity, Car Rego, Plant & equipment running costs
Gas, house Insurance, service on the work car
Phone, counsel rates, Buiness Taxes
Business loan, Food, personal Taxes
House repayments, water rate, Car fuel
Bank fees, wages, Beer

:confused

Hmmm, a two for one deal! Tempting! :lol

Rassilon1
Place the order, and you will be.

NakedMoleRat
If I were single, I would have already ordered one! :unsure

I will be making an order, as soon as I pay the following bills :cry

Electricity, Car Rego, Plant & equipment running costs
Gas, house Insurance, service on the work car
Phone, counsel rates, Buiness Taxes
Business loan, Food, personal Taxes
House repayments, water rate, Car fuel
Bank fees, wages, Beer

:confused

Aint that the truth!
Lets hope Qmx can come through with a $500 version...(or less!)

I have to be honest; I think it's worth the scratch, if you have it to spare. Limited to 25, made by the actual prop-maker by hand? Yeah, people have paid $4k for much less.
But I am certainly not one of those people with that kind of money to spare. I also like to play with my toys and one as fragile as the one used on-set will not do for me. But that still doesn't mean that it's "not worth it." Because it's just not an unreasonable price for the scarcity and pedigree.
I do find the used car comparison hilarious because it's almost exactly what I paid for my 2003 Prius a little over a year ago.

I have to be honest; I think it's worth the scratch, if you have it to spare. Limited to 25, made by the actual prop-maker by hand? Yeah, people have paid $4k for much less.
But I am certainly not one of those people with that kind of money to spare. I also like to play with my toys and one as fragile as the one used on-set will not do for me. But that still doesn't mean that it's "not worth it." Because it's just not an unreasonable price for the scarcity and pedigree.
I do find the used car comparison hilarious because it's almost exactly what I paid for my 2003 Prius a little over a year ago.

No doubt.
Anyone who has been in this hobby long enough to appreciate the value of props should know that having one hand-made by the actual prop maker is the finest you can get without having obtained on used on set. It's not a 'replica' by any means - it's just THE prop.

Hey, even I was considering buying this. Yes it is made by Nick Robatto himself and I would love to own that! A sobering and quite happy thought of mine is that I can still own something made by him through the watches he recently produced. How much will the standard range be? $600?
I’m sticking with ‘you know who’ on this one. At least he actually posts pics of work in progress and keeps his customers regularly updated.
If anyone wants to get this, so be it. Lucky Sods whoever you are :lol

Are there ANY members here that are confirmed buyers of this - or actually plan on getting one?

I am seriously thinking about it, it would be nice to have something in my Dr who collection that I did not make and was made by the original craftsman :confused.

40% sure 60% unsure to still have some way to go on this.

4 days on and they still haven't sold out. I'm honestly surprised they didn't go within the first hour but then again, how many fans are there out there with that kind of a disposable income?

Since this is, for all intents and purposes, THE REAL McCOY, made by Nick Robatto himself, it brings up an interesting dilemma for the 25 people that were actually able to afford it: How much will they actually be able to handle it, and play with it, enjoying it as a PROP REPLICA, before it BREAKS! :confused

From reading recent topics on a certain blog that many of us know about, it is known that the hero filming props are RIDICULOUSLY fragile, to the point that merely operating the prop AS INTENDED will cause it to break in a fairly short period of time! :confused

As such, those that have chosen to make replicas of the prop (such as Character Options and other licensees, and even the makers of "fan-made" replicas) have had to look at the design with an eye toward improving its durability without fundamentally changing the design of the prop in a way that would be immediately apparent and thus upsetting to fans.

Maybe our friendly QMX spokeswoman could give us some info on what they're doing in that regard for the larger release, when such info becomes available to her? ;)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back