QMx Robatto Sonic now ready for ordering

Man I wish! I have better chances of the Tardis crashing through my living room than obtaining one of these!

I had actually seriously considered getting a new credit card just for this purchase, but seeing as how I did the same thing for the Nike Mags, it would be an irresponsible move no matter how special and rare the item is.
The difference between the Nike shoes and the sonic is that I had obsessed over the Nike shoes for many many years and was more deserving of a credit purchase.
I am going to be patient and see what Qmx has in store for their limited edition release.

I can't convince my wife to let me buy one of CTs sonics let alone this bad boy. Would LOVE to get one though, it's beautiful.

Can you imagine what the tax and duty will be on that to the UK! OUCH.

i've just had to pay £60.79 on a $390 order for herpetological equipment from the US, so God knows what that will be.

No info on the regular Artisan version. As soon as we have details, we'll post.

Since Nick was kind enough to give us his time, we wanted to get the ordering info up for the Master Series.

We're just taking the time we need to make sure we're able to produce the best replica possible ;-)

So when can we expect the other replica from QMx?

I should mention, we have eLayaway ;-)
Good to know, but when the item costs as much as a used CAR that's several years old, most of us can't justify the purchase. :(

The price that MFX Warehouse charged for THEIR replica of 10's Sonic Screwdriver is about the most that many of us could justify spending... and that was about 1/10th of what you're asking for the Master Series Sonic. :unsure

Good to know, but when the item costs as much as a used CAR that's several years old, most of us can't justify the purchase. :(

The price that MFX Warehouse charged for THEIR replica of 10's Sonic Screwdriver is about the most that many of us could justify spending... and that was about 1/10th of what you're asking for the Master Series Sonic. :unsure

To be fair though, this it made by the guy himself. Too rich for me (re: most of us) but a little more understandable in that regard.

layaway is a bad idea unless you're SURE you can do it. Guaranteed that someone will do that and in 5 months we'll see it in the JY because they can't make payments.

Given the nature of the replica actually being handmade and spot-on to the real prop by the actual prop maker, I can understand the price.

But when it costs the same as a used car like JTC said, It isn't worth it.

Why is it taking longer for the regular artisan sonic to come out?

It should be a priority to supply to the mass!!!:behave

This version's being made by the prop maker, who offered and we took him up on it. They're different items altogether and there's a different process that goes into them.

Ultimately, Nick offered his time to make this run, so we offered the Master Series Artisan first.

And, to be fair, we know it's expensive. But this isn't the only 11th Sonic we'll make. It's just the first one. ;-)

Heck, if I had to choose between a car and a sonic, I'd buy the car. But if I had the money, I'd buy one. One of 25 in the world is tempting.

Last edited:
Hey, QMx, I'll gladly work as your in-house court jester to get one of these. Deal? :lol

This really is gorgeous, and I'm glad to see Robatto making a run, albeit, a small one of EXACT replicas.

If I had the spare cash right now, I'd be all over this. Sadly, my rent ensures that I don't have the spare cash.

Whoever does end up buying these will be extremely lucky!

-Nick

Chill dude. The cost may be worth it to some if you think about it. How much would folks fork over for a screen used piece? Probably a lot more. Well this is the next best thing! So the price may seem high but to others having the opportunity to own a authentic sonic built by the original builder, well that could be considered priceless. I can see why QMX would put this sonic out above others having the original builder offer his services!

I appreciate all the work QMX is putting into the sonic screwdriver builds and will happily wait till they feel they have made the best product to offer us.

Given the nature of the replica actually being handmade and spot-on to the real prop by the actual prop maker, I can understand the price.

But when it costs the same as a used car like JTC said, It isn't worth it.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back