QMx Money Pack Photos! Have a look!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tripoli @ Dec 15 2006, 10:32 PM) [snapback]1378831[/snapback]</div>
Do I think QMX has messed up here...
Yes, I do. I think for the reason JD posted as well as to what Steve mentioned, the maps being offered after they had promised exclusivity on the initial purchase. When I first saw this thread start and the complaint, I knew it would grow into something more. The issue was to see if it was going to become more than it was. And given factions here, that was almost a guarantee.

How ever, QMX is a new company and I am willing to cut them slack. They need to get their footing and with any new company, you are lucky to see things go smoothly and perfectly. The issue is when they get running for them not to trip at that point. So I will cut them slack.

It took MR 6 major mistakes in a row with me before I gave up on them. I e-mailed them posted here talked on the phone with them. Their response was it’s your problem, not ours. When I got that response on the phone, “yeah it’s bad but we don't care and are not going to do anything about it, here is your refund” I gave up on them because they gave up on me after all that was their issues at fault.

Matt nailed it when he said we expect perfection from those that run these companies and tend to burn them at the stake when it does not happen. MR in the beginning and QMx now were formed by guyÂ’s right from this board. Who care about the props. Are they going to be perfect every time? I don't expect it. But I do expect them to learn by it and get better from it, not just say we are too big to care.

I am willing to cut them some slack, because I think they need it in the beginning and because the prop collecting community is better by having multiple companies like this around. More over Steve came here and admitted the misstep and took steps to rectify the situation. I am sure they are looking at this thread and learning from it, which is better than my experience with MR.

So I will say it again. You can support the prop community or destroy it by your support. I am willing to give them a go and see what happens because there is definitely room for improvement in the prop community and little competition to urge that improvement on.

I am an assistant scout leader, little league coach and the same patience I give those youngsters I know is needed for a start up company also. You can smack them down or you can encourage them. I am for the latter. Your choice guys how you deal with it but remember, it does make a difference now and down the road.
[/b]

Not a bad statement as a whole but let me just point out it would be far more valid if this start-up was helmed by someone inexperienced.

You speak as if QMX has no relation to MR in any form. It isn't true. Steve started MR. He already has been through a prop company start-up, in fact a number of times. Given that fact, I would expect this learning curve to have already been finished. I would especially believe he would know better than to respond to customers (especially on the boards) in the "less than stellar" manner his 1st reply took. In fact it sounded remarkably similar to how you describes MR's reply to you that finally caused you to abandon your patronage of MR.

Yes give QMX a chance but forgive those of us that feel the tone at MR we all dislike may have been sung by the new bandleader at MR and are therefore leery.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Foe Hammer @ Dec 15 2006, 04:24 PM) [snapback]1378827[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(micdavis @ Dec 15 2006, 12:45 PM) [snapback]1378635[/snapback]
We suck, but not as bad as RebelScum, but almost.[/b]
There are just as many people here who go overboard as there are at Rebelscum. As a member of both forums for several years, I can honestly say that the melodrama here at the RPF is just as bad as, if not worse than Rebelscum. The only difference is that some RPF members tend to have more experience with it...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(micdavis @ Dec 15 2006, 12:45 PM) [snapback]1378635[/snapback]</div>
Still barely 1% on the members have complained.

Please stop characterizing all of us because of a few unhappy customers.
[/b]
This sounds pretty hypocritical. Please stop characterizing all Rebelscum members because of a few unhappy customers.

As for the money pack - I can't wait to get mine on Monday. I couldn't care less about how the map is folded or not folded. As far as I'm concerned it's a bonus item, like you would get with a book or something. If all QMx items look as good as the money pack appears to be, they will have my business for a long time.
[/b][/quote]

For the record, I was mocking other members comments about Reblesum members. In fact I think I am a member of Rebelsum (too many boards).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(micdavis @ Dec 15 2006, 08:01 PM) [snapback]1378933[/snapback]</div>
For the record, I was mocking other members comments about Reblesum members. In fact I think I am a member of Rebelsum (too many boards).[/b]
Ah, gotcha. Well then my post is directed to others here who are not mocking the mockers. The mockers themselves are who I target with my diplomacy. :lol Sorry for the confusion, more power to ya.

When I look at MR's starting team, it was largely financed with some very big hitters to get the Lucas license. Steve was not MR, He did do the engineering on the beginning props and they were darn good for the most part.

QMx is starting a bit smaller and with more prop guys than the Ex CEO's of larger companies and marketing team they were able to bring on board with MR. So comparing MR as Steve's start compared to QMx now is a bit different, I believe he is taking on quite a bit more on this company and there will be more of a learning curve for him. As they note on their web site, its more a bunch of fanboys with a bit of money and talent giving this a go.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Birdie @ Dec 15 2006, 04:56 PM) [snapback]1378804[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RogueSolo @ Dec 15 2006, 09:17 PM) [snapback]1378778[/snapback]
Hey, I'm just happy to be getting anything from the 'verse right now that actually looks decent. I've got the Mal and Jayne figures that were released last(?) year and IMO they don't look that great. To have something coming directly from the original production files is really cool.
[/b]

http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/index.php...Path=3_898_4412
[/b][/quote]

Yeah, I have the ornament already, and plan on getting the Reaverized version too. But those pvc figures just don't look that good to me, even though it says they were scanned, or whatever. At least with this pack, I know that the replicas look exactly like what we saw on the screen.

I got mine this morning, and I have to say that the quality is AWESOME.. The currency is printed on some seriously thick paper, so it looks, feels, and even SMELLS like new money..

The map is cool too, I'm not upset about the foldedness because the map was never the selling point for me anyway.

In all, this is a great collector's piece, the packaging and product are awesome. I also really like the little designer's snippet inside the wallet, just the kind of inside info prop collectors like to have.

Now....about the advertising insert.....when will we be seeing that Serenity Model..???.?.

I'm really happy you like the quality/package. I'm dying to get my hands on a final version, too ;)

Serenity model is slated to happen next year. We will be providing updates along the way, as things progress... I'll be making sure that the prop builders as well as collectors/fans will get the information they like to read about, throughout 2007.

Thanks for the feedback.
Jason

wow.. lotta posts about the map.

gotta be honest, after the skimming of the thread... id prefer if QMx decides to make an uber sweet mylar big map that can be set up in a lightbox instead of selling the unfolded exclusive to the world. it was kinda why i jumped the gun and got the money pack when i did. exclusive means just that. (to me anyway)

i havent opened my pack yet, as its a christmas present to myself, but the box looks cool and its pretty solid. i gotta say its cool. im half tempted to place another order for another one, but i only need so much fake money ;)

got some kinda postal or shipping karma going on. got ssdesigners jayne shirt in the same day as the money pack, and i just found my little radios that were used for the voice recorder. i think ill pop in the series and marathon it today :)

QMx - dunno if you are still reading or not, but cool job on the money. yea, ya overshot the whole "november" bit, but not by leaps and bounds, and the package quality is top notch, and it didnt arrived smashed to hell and back. keep up the good work :)

chris

Got mine today and the money is awesome just as I expected it would be.

I took some pictures.

DSC01674.jpg

DSC01675.jpg

Money packs here and all I can saw is SHINY.

Funny it says Alliance Currency Money Pack. Nothin about the shiny
map that can with it. LOL.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(101RadioMan @ Dec 16 2006, 04:38 PM) [snapback]1379403[/snapback]</div>
Money packs here and all I can saw is SHINY.

Funny it says Alliance Currency Money Pack. Nothin about the shiny
map that can with it. LOL.
[/b]

It says "Fan Club Exclusive Miranda map included" on the bottom.

I think it's funnier that there isn't even a fan club and there were no plans to make any of it exclusive. :lol

I got my two money packs today as well. One for a present, one for me. I haven't opened it yet, but I am glad they are finally here.

Got my pack today. Very nice. The map, while a nice bonus, is not the selling point of this pack, IMHO.

I compared the money and money band to the originals in my collection. The money band is right-on in terms of dimensions and details of the printing and the paper used. The color ink used is also right-on. As for the bills the details, colors used, weight and color of the paper appears right-on. The only thing that I noticed is that the QMx bills are approximately 2mm wider than the originals.

As I said in the other thread (hope this helps):

The money was made to Geoff's source-file specs. These files (which I prepped personally, so this info is as correct as anyone is ever going to get) included cut lines that the printer followed - so if the screen used bills you have are 2mm smaller, my theory is that it's either because production was eye-balling the cuts on the bills they printed, or they shrank when they were soaked in the tea bucket. Interesting to know, though. When I get mine in, I'll compare to my stash of screen used bills, too.

How do the Qmx bills "feel" in your hand?

Thanks.
Jason

Got my money pack today.

Just for fun, I used one of the bills in a soda pop machine. It worked.

A few minutes later, two guys in black suits and wearing blue gloves came over and kicked the daylights out of me.

At that point, I didn't really care whether the map was folded or not.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darth Vindus @ Dec 16 2006, 01:03 PM) [snapback]1379296[/snapback]</div>
Got mine today and the money is awesome just as I expected it would be.

I took some pictures.

DSC01674.jpg

DSC01675.jpg

[/b]

So what's up with the rolled up map that supposedly cannot be shipped like this??

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back