QMx Money Pack Photos! Have a look!

I have to say that offering unfolded maps (which most were expecting) as an extra item people can buy is most definitely not a fix to the problem. It will be doubly unimpressive if the randomly inserted production art is folded up as well. If QMx is run by collectors then you should have known that folded maps would get this sort of reaction.

I'd suggest shipping them with the unfolded maps you plan to sell on ebay and selling the folded ones on ebay instead, that'd keep the customers who already shelled out cash happy.

Wow this is really disappointing. I too was expecting an unfolded map for framing as that's what the pictures suggested.

Telling me the only way to get an unfolded map is to BUY IT AGAIN, is very frustrating. And already makes me wary if I'll ever purchase from QMX again.

Berry

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IronFist @ Dec 14 2006, 01:09 PM) [snapback]1377824[/snapback]</div>
Not to get too far off topic, but here's another related question: What about the five randomly-inserted production art pieces? Are they all smaller than 4" x 8", or is that being folded up, too?
[/b]

The artwork is not in a in the package. If you get one of the random packs, it will have a golden ticket. The golden ticket is then redeemed with Qmx for the full size signed artwork. The artwork is then sent to you separately.

Hope this helps.

I held off from preordering anything from QMX. I never know what to expect from a new company and I got nervous when complaints about ordering and customer service problems were being posted. Bad decision about the map. Not a good way to build trust with future customers. :unsure

I have to agree that the folded map is not what I was expecting when I pre-ordered this, and I will not be going to eBay to buy what I thought I was getting anyway.

I just received my shipping notice from Fed-ex, and my package will be here in 4 days, I will have to decide what to do with it when it gets here.

I only ordered one of these and despite the folded map, wished I had ordered a couple more. If anyone does not want their packet, please pm me as I will be happy to buy a couple more of these myself.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tripoli @ Dec 14 2006, 02:12 PM) [snapback]1377913[/snapback]</div>
I only ordered one of these and despite the folded map, wished I had ordered a couple more. If anyone does not want their packet, please pm me as I will be happy to buy a couple more of these myself.
[/b]

I'll second that if tripoli don't take yours I will.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(QMX Steve @ Dec 14 2006, 10:19 AM) [snapback]1377712[/snapback]</div>
Hello.

I know that folding the map was not the optimal choice, but if you know of a better way to get a 11" by 17" map into a 4" by 8" by 1" box, without folding it...

By all means...please let me know :p [/b]

A 5" by 11" by 1" box would have made this possible, and would not have increased the cost. All you had to do was roll the map the short way.

I wanted the map more than the money, since I have a couple of screen used bills as well as a nice fan produced set. Which leads me to my next question.

I thought the money pack that included the map was an exclusive. So why are the maps now going to be sold separately through the ebay store?

Let me say up front I am not trying to pick a fight here, just looking for some honest answers is all.

I had to buy the "early bird" money pack to get what I thought was an exclusive map. Now it turns out the map is no longer exclusive, and that an non-folded and uncreased version can be bought alone through the QMX ebay store?

I can understand that most who pre-ordered are disappointed. BTW, moffeaton posted some great images of money and maps at the print shop here:

http://www.theRPF.com/index.php?s=&sho...t&p=1369024

I checked the QMx website just now and it says the money packs are 8"x4"x1/2" and that "revised product images coming soon".

To be fair, I wasn't expecting much with regards to the map. The QMx website says that it's printed on high gloss archival paper. So, it was clear that it wasn't really a prop replica. When I saw the bonus map I thought, 'wonder how that will ship?' Money and poster don't really fit in the same container. I assumed it would be folded and looked upon it more as a gimmick.

At the end of the day the whole deal costs $19.99 plus shipping...which I thought was really cheap. I spent more than that trying to duplicate the money alone with the image files that circulated here previously.

I guess if I really wanted the map for display purposes I would call their customer service and see what they plan to charge for the rolled maps. I'd rather go directly through QMx than ebay. On the other hand, maybe if people show enough interest QMx will make a replica Mal map on a transparency. That would interest me.

Actually, there is a way of getting rolled map without paying an extra penny. You send the whole thing back and ask for a refund since the product was not as advertised.

Considering what you get for $ 20, I think I can manage the map folded. My offer is still open for one or two more packs. :)

Just an FYI - I do have more packs available. This was not intended to be a For Sale thread but since it has come up, I thought I would mention it.

:)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(QMX Steve @ Dec 14 2006, 09:19 AM) [snapback]1377712[/snapback]</div>
if you know of a better way to get a 11" by 17" map into a 4" by 8" by 1" box, without folding it...[/b]

Here's one idea:

Priority/Express Mail Tube Small
Item No: O-1098S
Usually arrives within 7 to 10 days

no charge no charge

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(QMX Steve @ Dec 14 2006, 03:19 PM) [snapback]1377712[/snapback]</div>
Hello.

I know that folding the map was not the optimal choice, but if you know of a better way to get a 11" by 17" map into a 4" by 8" by 1" box, without folding it...
[/b]

I guess I'll re-state the obvious, why not just make the box 5 x 12 x 1 and send the map in a tube?

There is no way this weighed more then 1 pound so you could easily ship these Priority Mail to anyone in the USA for the same price, thus reducing the logistics.

Plus the USPS will manufacture boxes to meet your specific size requirements for FREE if you order at least one pallet of them.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(franz bolo @ Dec 14 2006, 11:41 PM) [snapback]1378049[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(QMX Steve @ Dec 14 2006, 09:19 AM) [snapback]1377712[/snapback]
if you know of a better way to get a 11" by 17" map into a 4" by 8" by 1" box, without folding it...[/b]

Here's one idea:

Priority/Express Mail Tube Small
Item No: O-1098S
Usually arrives within 7 to 10 days

no charge no charge
[/b][/quote]

But, to play devil's advocate, that does bring up your logistic costs, because now you have someone that has to roll them and mail them, and they would have to be packaged and shipped seperately from the money pack, also increasing the chances of half the product not arriving with the other half. So while the mailer wouldn't be a direct out of pocket charge, the indirect charges would be there, and that'd either mean taking a cut on something that surely already has a low margin, or upping the price and potentially cutting sales.

Instead of turning this into a b*-fest, how about this?

If you are disappointed with the product AND you ordered from me, PM me & I'll give you a refund.

Asking "why didn't they do it THIS way" isn't going to actually fix anything. The packages have already shipped.

:D

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back