QMx Money Pack Photos! Have a look!

blufive

Sr Member
Here are a few photos of the final production product that is shipping this week.

These look great. Take a gander:

money1.jpg

money2.jpg

money3.jpg

money4.jpg

Okay, I got the other photos to work.

:D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IronFist @ Dec 14 2006, 01:19 PM) [snapback]1377656[/snapback]</div>
The map of the Verse is folded.? Ah, dammit...
[/b]

That's exactly how I felt when I saw that. I may just get mine dry mounted or something. ANyone have ideas for a decent Serenity-esque way to display the map?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BigDumbWookiee @ Dec 14 2006, 08:57 AM) [snapback]1377669[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IronFist @ Dec 14 2006, 01:19 PM) [snapback]1377656[/snapback]
[/b]

That's exactly how I felt when I saw that.
[/b][/quote]

Especially since the photo we based our ordering on shows a decidedly not-folded map. The map was actually a major selling point to me, and this is just so disappointing.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IronFist @ Dec 14 2006, 10:05 AM) [snapback]1377705[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BigDumbWookiee @ Dec 14 2006, 08:57 AM) [snapback]1377669[/snapback]
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IronFist @ Dec 14 2006, 01:19 PM) [snapback]1377656[/snapback]
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Especially since the photo we based our ordering on shows a decidedly not-folded map. The map was actually a major selling point to me, and this is just so disappointing.
[/b][/quote]

I agree, what the hell happened there???

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IronFist @ Dec 14 2006, 03:05 PM) [snapback]1377705[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BigDumbWookiee @ Dec 14 2006, 08:57 AM) [snapback]1377669[/snapback]
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

In my opinion, it takes the piece from prop replica, to freebie poster. Granted, all I really wanted was the money anyway.

The map though, in the movie, the map is portrayed as fully animated and interactive, correct? That's what I never really "got" about it, is it a replica of a certain sequence the map is at in the movie? Obviously you cant recreate the fully animated version, that's not what Im asking, but Im just wondering if I overlooked a static map somewhere else in the film.

Hello.

I know that folding the map was not the optimal choice, but if you know of a better way to get a 11" by 17" map into a 4" by 8" by 1" box, without folding it...

By all means...please let me know :p

But FEAR NOT, loyal browncoats...The QMx staff is composed of collectors not unlike yourselves and we understand your whims and desires all too well...

Our ebay store opens this week and we will be selling unfolded maps (rolled in a tube) in our store.

We got the printer to run off a few hundred unfolded maps and we have them in stock. They will be sold only until our supply runs out. We will not be making any more however, so first come...first served.

We will also be selling off some uncut money sheet artist proofs. We have less than 200 left of those.

Better?

i can understand the folding versus the tube idea.

i went the tube route with the LOTR map, and most of them somehow got squished in transit.

it does suck though, i was hoping for a "printed on clear plastic" look to it, rolled in a tube or something for us "special only this run and no more" buyers.

ah well, least i get a bitching prop replica set in the mail, eventually :lol

chris

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(QMX Steve @ Dec 14 2006, 10:19 AM) [snapback]1377712[/snapback]</div>
Better?
[/b]

Honestly? It's about 50/50. It's swell and all that unfolded maps are being made available, but you've already got about 4 people in this thread alone who thought that they had paid for an unfolded map. Telling us we can shell out more to get what we already thought we were buying doesn't really do us any good and actually lends itself well to customer dissatisfaction.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(QMX Steve @ Dec 14 2006, 10:19 AM) [snapback]1377712[/snapback]</div>
I know that folding the map was not the optimal choice, but if you know of a better way to get a 11" by 17" map into a 4" by 8" by 1" box, without folding it...
[/b]

I don't think the question is how to fit an 11" by 17" map into a 4" by 8" by 1" box without folding it, but rather, why wasn't an 11" by 17" by 1" box made for people who ordered an unfolded 11" by 17" map.

Hello.

By all means...please let me know :p

But FEAR NOT, loyal browncoats...The QMx staff is composed of collectors not unlike yourselves and we understand your whims and desires all too well...

Our ebay store opens this week and we will be selling unfolded maps (rolled in a tube) in our store.

We got the printer to run off a few hundred unfolded maps and we have them in stock. They will be sold only until our supply runs out. We will not be making any more however, so first come...first served.

We will also be selling off some uncut money sheet artist proofs. We have less than 200 left of those.

Better?
[/b]

No. Not really. Having the option to go and spend more money just to get what I thought I was getting in the first place is not a good solution.

The main reason that I jumped on this set (aside from supporting the franchise) was for the poster. Having it folded reduces it's collectability, to me at least. Those big, nasty creases across the dark background is a recipe for cracking.

This is very disappointing. Look for my set to be in the JY if its too late to cancel my order.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darkknight0667 @ Dec 14 2006, 11:19 AM) [snapback]1377758[/snapback]</div>
No. Not really. Having the option to go and spend more money just to get what I thought I was getting in the first place is not a good solution.

The main reason that I jumped on this set (aside from supporting the franchise) was for the poster. Having it folded reduces it's collectability, to me at least. Those big, nasty creases across the dark background is a recipe for cracking.[/b]

Same here. Every single photo we saw of this money pack during solicitations showed a nice shiny map with ZERO creases. I planned on framing it. But now we find out that the item we were shown is not what we are actually getting. A creased map just is not suitable for framing.

I have to admit I am more than a little upset over this switch as well as having to fork over more money to get an item that I was clearly shown to be getting in the first place.

I guess, at least, it's nice to get a bit of a warning here. If I did not find out until I received it, I would have really blown my top. I would guess too, with the old pics of the non-folded map on the QMX site, that there will be many a person that does not frequent forums like this left to be sorely dissapointed.

Instead of offering the SAME 11x17 map for sale unfolded, how about the prospect of an actual poster size version of this in the future?

Now I am glad I didn't purchase the map (which I was VERY close to doing), it would have sucked big time to receive the map folded in a little box. I appreciate that future buyers will be able to get an unfolded map, but I am sure relieved that I did not get stuck in the situation that some of you guys did.

I am still looking forward to the Mal gun.

-Bryan

Now I wish you guys the best but I think you really need to listen to this thread.

Telling people that they can buy the map again from you is not going to cut it. No one wants to buy a map and pay again for what they feel is your mistake. You can say all you want about the box size but you showed an unfolded map and that's what people expected.

You might want to think about making good on this for people and give them unfolded maps. Your just starting out and this is what everyone is going to talk about. Sure the cost might hurt but your looking for people to keep buying from you for many years. A good impression needs to be made and now is the time to do it.

Tek

I really just wanted the bills myself.
I'm not thrilled about the folded map, but I wont lose any sleep over it.

Just a warning though, I will be pretty upset if my Mal pistol shows up folded in half. :)

A similar thing happened just recently in the world of computer games. There's a newly released role playing game out called Neverwinter Nights 2 and everyone was promised a cloth map in the collectors edition. In Europe however, we all got folded paper maps. There was a storm of criticism in the official forums and pretty soon the publisher (Atari) sent out cloth maps to everyone who e-mailed them, free of charge.

I was also hoping to frame my Serenity map.

There goes doing my shadowbox display with the pristine map for the background with the Mal gun replica & the cash. I'll be damned if I shell out again for what I thought I was getting in the 1st place, AN UNFOLDED MAP. Much less shelling out for 2 sets, one to give away, and getting 2 folded maps. I'll never pre-order any paper type props from QMx and I'll never PREPAY again. I'd rather take my chances with MR's poor quality control over this type of bait-n-switch from advertised/pictured product crap.

Way to go on hacking off your 1st customers before they even get their stuff. :thumbsup

Not to get too far off topic, but here's another related question: What about the five randomly-inserted production art pieces? Are they all smaller than 4" x 8", or is that being folded up, too?

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back