QMx Is Live! Check It Out!

Has anyone noticed that the description of Mal's pistol is cut off at the end, AND it says that it's the 3rd piece from the line of Serenity items? Am I missing something?

ordered the currency and pistol, I am also wondering about the quote about 3rd peice? oh well maybe they just aint got around to postin it yet. hehe.

Thats all i need more Serenity stuff. LOL
Wait til wifey come back in town. hehe

<div class='quotetop'>(dr_slurpee @ Sep 28 2006, 08:13 AM) [snapback]1327897[/snapback]</div>
The title for this thread says OMx, it should be QMx. ;)

Also, I think people are interpreting wrong the screen grab in which Mal's pistol looks bent. He's not pointing the gun dead on centre.
[/b]
Fixed.

See what happens when I do things in a hurry on my way out the door. ;)

Jim

The third piece is probably the Serenity model which has been mentioned for early next year.

(Oh, and they need to fix international ordering asap.) :)

/Joe F

<div class='quotetop'>(tekmage3000 @ Sep 28 2006, 08:43 AM) [snapback]1327908[/snapback]</div>
Getting nothing from the site 404 error..
[/b]
Just delete your old link and use the new one at the top of page 1. :)

I have to watch "Serenity" again but the Mal pistol from QMx seems very bright gold/copper in color. Is that accurate to the movie version? If so, I guess I prefer the black/gray look of the TV series pistol. The bright finish looks kind of funny on this.

http://www.therpf.com/index.php?showtopic=117512

Hope that helps.

<div class='quotetop'>(rad1701 @ Sep 28 2006, 10:45 AM) [snapback]1327977[/snapback]</div>
I have to watch "Serenity" again but the Mal pistol from QMx seems very bright gold/copper in color. Is that accurate to the movie version? If so, I guess I prefer the black/gray look of the TV series pistol. The bright finish looks kind of funny on this.
[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>(Birdie @ Sep 27 2006, 06:27 PM) [snapback]1327564[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>
*Note: Any order placed using PayPal requires the user to complete the transaction at the Paypal site within 24 hours, otherwise the order will be cancelled[/b]

Does this mean that you have to pay in full immediateley, ie before item is shipping?
[/b][/quote]

I don't see any PayPal ordering options...am I missing something?

<div class='quotetop'>(NoHumorMan @ Sep 28 2006, 04:52 AM) [snapback]1327853[/snapback]</div>
Seems the price went up a $100 for the Mal pistol... I guess the original price quote was just too good to be true. No chance I can afford this in the foreseeable future... or while they are available. Oh well.

Cool looking site, btw. :thumbsup
[/b]

The price never went up on the Mal pistol. It's always been an attractive 249.00 ;)
Perhaps you're thinking of a piece offered by someone else.

Thanks for having a look around the site, just the same.

Has anyone received an order confirmation?

My order was kind of screwey and I can't get an official response from customer services. The password change doesn't seem to work, and I can't access my account now. Guys?

Some clarification...

(hopefully) :p

We have noted in the ordering process on the site, that if you order the fan-club money pack, it is a custom, made-to-order item and we will only be producing as many of the limited edition version of the packs as we receive orders for them and will be retireing this edition very soon. (The standard-version money pack will be available after that) So, we are asking for payment in advance, but they will be shipping as scheduled. So, the wait will not be very long...

If you are ordering an item, $200 and over, with a credit card, it only places an AUTHORIZATION on your card. QMx has not BILLED the card, only verified that the funds are available. A couple of people called (or wrote in) and said that their card was billed. In both cases, they weren't. We verified that NO funds were taken or collected by us.

If you are setting up an X-Pay (layaway) account, please remember that the FIRST payment is billed immediately and subsequent payments will be billed as per the terms and conditions page.

If you are paying with paypal, per their rules, the payment transaction MUST be completed at the time of the order, so you would have to pay in advance, which actually doesn't thrill us, but we cannot change the way paypal works. As always, the purchase price is fully refundable at any time if you don't feel comfortable with your purchase. Otherwise, you can certainly choose to wait to use paypal later, but you do risk not getting the item if it sells out (or gets retired).

We are also working on how to get paypal to work with our X-Pay system, and how to accept money orders and bank checks. That is also taking longer than expected. Hopefully, this will be resolved in the next few days as well.

Also, please bear with us on the customer service lines. The phones are active, but we are still getting the three service reps up to speed, so that will take a couple of weeks to get fully operational as well. We aren't ignoring you...

Now, onto International shipping...

We are working with Fedex to get a substantial discount on overseas, Hawaii and Alaska shipping costs and it has taken longer than expected. We should have everything up and debugged in the next few days. It didn't make sense to hold up the site launch any longer for these few, last issues.

If you are placing an international order, feel free to place it and we will post the shipping rates as soon as they are entered into the HTML database and loaded onto the site. Please be aware that international shipping is NEVER cheap, but that the prices we post will be the best price that we could whittle Fedex down to with our account. Once the rates are posted, you can re-review your order and decide what you would like to do.

Once we have some on-going business with them (and hopefully more "clout") we will again attempt to renegotiate the rates even lower, but we are at the mercy of Fedex on this, so please understand and bear with us.

Some folks have noted that they are going to get others (who live in the US) to buy the items for them and ship them overseas. I would suggest waiting a few days for this, as we will probably get a better rate than your "buddy" will be able to get, due to our bulk shipping contract.

If you still want to go the "buddy" route, that's fine...we will raise the order limit on some of the items in the next few days so that everyone can get an order in before the edition is retired (or sells out).

I hope that helped...

So, there are a few bugs in the system, but once we get them ironed out, everything should go a lot smoother. (Yah we saw those weird symbols and dead links in the T&C section too...we are on it.)

Thanks for your patience as we birth the new "baby."

Thanks for the clarification Steve :)

I still can't access my QMX account, as the forgotten password function doesn't work and, hey, I forgot my password :$

Will this bug be addressed?

Thanks to all who helped today :D

Pretty cool new site. I ordered a couple of the money packs for xmas gifts for some Serenity fan friends of mine. Tempting to go for the Mal pistol.

<div class='quotetop'>(QMX Steve @ Sep 28 2006, 08:39 PM) [snapback]1328359[/snapback]</div>

If you are placing an international order, feel free to place it and we will post the shipping rates as soon as they are entered into the HTML database and loaded onto the site.
[/b]

Umm, how? There is no way to place an international order on the site because there are only US states to choose from, and no country selection.

Also, not to sound like a jerk, but what if items like Mal's gun which is a limited number sells out before you get international ordering up and working?

<div class='quotetop'>(dr_slurpee @ Sep 29 2006, 12:39 PM) [snapback]1328631[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(QMX Steve @ Sep 28 2006, 08:39 PM) [snapback]1328359[/snapback]

If you are placing an international order, feel free to place it and we will post the shipping rates as soon as they are entered into the HTML database and loaded onto the site.
[/b]

Umm, how? There is no way to place an international order on the site because there are only US states to choose from, and no country selection.

Also, not to sound like a jerk, but what if items like Mal's gun which is a limited number sells out before you get international ordering up and working?
[/b][/quote]

What the Dr said: It is impossible to place an international oder.

Is the trigger of Mal´s gun functional? The description says that the gun is mainly made of resin, which doesn´t necessarily mean that it is solid. If the original studio molds were used with resin instead of metal, the gun would still consist of multiple parts which would allow a moving trigger.

Of course I would have hoped for an all metal Mal gun, but the grips are made of wood and the price looks fair (what happened to the signature edition for 50$ more?) I realy hope you will offer international shipping in an affordable pricerange.

By the way: I don´t doubt that you realy tried to get the rights for licensed Firefly stuff, but could you tell us why it was/is impossible?

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back