PZ's SW Prop Collection - UPDATE: Authentic Symmetrical Hales Grenade - All Real Parts Obi-Wan Lightsaber

This is not the rarest or the most sought after found part in the world...
But, when watching the original Star Wars for the first time,
The very first object that caught my young eyes was this Single Point Scope.

I'd like to thank Marv for this amazing condition scope!
Other than a few paint chips, it's in great condition, including the plastic cover which are usually banged up.
The accurate body and scope mounts are cherry on top.

It's one of those objects that's futuristic and weird but familiar at the same time.
Hopefully, I can acquire an accurate resin cast DH-17, attach this bad boy, and recreate this rebel trooper's scared face :)

Last edited:
This item is a piece I have been looking for a very long time.
I never thought I would own one because of its extreme rarity.
But, here it is... cast from the screen-used prop — Medal of Yavin

To my knowledge these are 1st or 2nd generation castings made by Steve Dymszo many years ago. (Thank you Brandon!)
They may not show up on pictures, but the details and damages from the screen-used prop are so crisp on this resin cast.
I believe there are some 3rd gen metal casts and even 4th gen casts, but the level of detail is not the same.

I was also able to source a vintage British Army No.2 Tie.
This seems like a fairly simple build; Can't wait to paint it up just like the way it shows up on screen.

This medal has always been special to me... just look at this picture of Mark, Carrie, and Harrison holding the medal!
It's Star Wars at its prime.

Last edited:
I exchange some of these displays for the exactra 19, 20, ti-2000 calculators destined for a Texas Instruments museum in Italy !!! thank you

Attachments

• received_498171277737878.jpeg
    received_498171277737878.jpeg
    73.9 KB · Views: 199
I exchange some of these displays for the exactra 19, 20, ti-2000 calculators destined for a Texas Instruments museum in Italy !!! thank you

I'm sorry, not interested in doing trades with those display, but you can always private message me if you have any questions like that :)

Those arent exactra 19s, 20s or Ti-2000s. Those all have strips with 7 bubbles, from what I can see from that photo theres only strips with 9 bubbles. Could be exactra 21-23s.

Long time no update!
I've gotten plenty of cool parts since my last post, but I was too busy to make a post...

But here it is,
Not too long ago, I acquired this S92 RAF MPP Set & MPP Microflash #6 from the UK for my friend Brandon.
However, these S92 RAF cases and I have love-hate relationship...

This behemoth not only weighs more than 80 pounds, but also is very big and problematic.
In fact, last Summer, I've had a terrible experience when my other S92 RAF MPP case was seized by the US customs.

Why? Apparently, they didn't like the wood used for the case and invasive pests in it. o_O
I almost lost my MPP Microflash, and it was pain-in-the-ass to retrieve it.

Anyways, I received this one without any trouble. Thank goodness...

The set came with the standard MPP camera, accessories, and our favorite Microflash:)

Although these MPPs look good together on a table, I decided to limit the number of my MPPs and help my friends who need them more than me.
I have a few people on my MPP list, so my future MPPs will be going to them. (You know who you are ;))

Last edited:
I forgot to include this in my last update.
But, here's a vintage double-ball catch I took out from the S92 RAF MPP case.

A similar or the same type of ball catch was used for the ROTJ Vader 'MoM' stunt hilt.
So, this should be perfect for that build in the future.

I was looking for these vintage ball latches for awhile,
Surprisingly, these are unbelievably difficult to find.

I really hope someone does a functional replica of these.

Last edited:
Another addition to my (small) collection of authentic screen-used cast pieces,
I received this cast from screen-used ANH Darth Vader chest box from the UK.

As you can see from the picture above, not every buttons and slots are perfectly aligned.
In fact, the greeblies are wonky and look quite haphazardly put on.

However, I think these imperfections are what makes the original 1977 Star Wars props so appealing.
There's a sense of handmade craftsmanship, instead of artificial-looking 3D printed props we see today.

I don't have many good reference pictures of the ANH chest box.
However, even from this blurry shot, you can see some of the prominent scratches that match this casting.

Overall, I'm incredibly happy with the level of detail retained in this casting (I believe it's either 1st or 2nd generation cast).
Pictures don't really show off all the details, but you can even see the wood grains on the buttons.

In time, I hope to fully paint and replace some parts with real found parts to make it as prop accurate as possible.
Thinking long term, I hope to have a full ANH Darth Vader suit complete with authentic cast helmet and other parts.

Last edited:
In the midst of this Corona craziness, I received something that I've been wanting for a long time...

Rolls-Royce Derwent Combustion Chamber!
aka IG-88 head aka IG-11 head aka Mos Eisley Cantina Drink Dispenser aka Millennium Falcon Turret part :)

Showing up so many times throughout OT trilogy, I think Derwent chambers are one of the most iconic and recognizable parts in Star Wars.
This weird "alien robot-like" shape is very eye-catching to say the least.

Upon closer inspection, I was surprised to see small details like these pin-dot engravings below.
The part number seems to be BL14953.

I'm not sure when I'll start, but I'm planning on making this into IG-88 head.
This will need more than a few mods, so it'll take a while.

But once it's done, I know it'll turn into a great display piece:)

Last edited:
ah so you got this one? well at least this one I saw for once!
congrats, that's a really great aquisition, and I'm quite jealous ;)

I know many people are looking for MPP flashguns,
So I've been going down through my list of friends who requested one from me.

This time I got to help out Chris with this beautiful RAF MPP Microflash #7.

This unit is in very good condition with the typical RAF etching in the bottom.
From my own experience, these RAF variants do not seem more rare than regular versions.
One thing I've noticed is that RAF versions usually have smaller diameter clamps, and they don't come with inner rubber sleeves.

This is the 7th MPP I've collected so far.
Before sending this one to Chris, I did a 'little' photoshoot with these flashguns all together and had some fun :D
If you look closely, you'll notice small and big variations between each flashguns.

(my white desk never looked cooler lol)

I feel very fortunate to have handled this many MPPs.
More MPPs are on my way, so I'll continue to go down my list and help out those in need.
After all, I don't need any more than 4 units for my own builds.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back