Python Skin *paint Up*updated Hands And Feet

ThePriest

Well folks here is my version of my snake skin predator. Got it done over the weekend. I am using this for Planet Comicon in Kansas City March 24th and 25th. I threw the armor on it isn't finished yet but I'll get it painted for that weekend. The cannon is from my previous suit but I dont have enough time to completely redo a new suit in time for the event unfortunately I was not given ample time to start all the seperate pieces in time. But I figured the new skin will definately give it a better look. Let me know what you guys think of the skin. Thanks for looking
IM004250.JPG

IM004251.JPG

IM004252.JPG

IM004253.JPG

IM004254.JPG

IM004255.JPG

IM004258.JPG

IM004259.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice job on the skin paintup! Did you airbrush or hand paint? Also, Where did you get those shoulder bells?

Thanks for the kudosguys and to answer the questions, I airbrushed all of it . I first Drew out the pattern with a sharpie markerhe shoulder bells are something i bought from Biohunter76 a while ago, and the design is my own creation i love all the paint ups on the lair but this i think really sets it apart from other traditional suits. I plan on doing a few other paint ups like them i am working on a couple of suits at the same time.i will post the head of this one when i get back to the shop shortly i'm off to buy more supplies for these beasts

The skin looks fab mate! Kinda looks abit like Hippies skin pattern but i can see where your going with this. Great work so far.

Ho-lee ****! That paint scheme is outta this world!!! Seriously...that is a bad ass looking Pred that no one has ever seen before.

Cant wait to see this one as it progresses!!!

Nice work, that you have captured some serious detail in there. Nice one, not seen anything like that before.... err ... very reptilian lol

Love the paint up, looks pretty close to hippies scheme, and its always good to see a lost hunter suit come to the boards.

Even if you are not heading hippies way, it looks very good indeed.

actually wish we would see a good hippie suit.

subtle and super realistic...this is an amazing paint up.

looks like a second skin which is the real goal of any predator skin. kudos on the pattern as well.

AM

WOW thanks guys !!! that realy means alot to hear that from such talented members. This concept actually came from the hippie, I wanted to do something that has never been done before, and i am realy suprised that a paint scheme like this hasn't already been done.... And that was about the 4th time i have ever used an airbrush. Everybody has always wanted me to try it but i never thought i was any good at painting , but now that it was so well liked i am going to start another skin set soon with a new set of colors, Maybe A DESERT PREDATOR !!!!

I vote yes on this too, was thinking of doing a desert based predator myself but not sure where to start lol would be good to see what you come up with.....

I really like the paintjob, the spots are very neat.
Is funny when you said that this is only your fourth time using an airbrush, sometimes you have skills that until you don't put them to the test, you won't know you have them.

I can't wait how this suit turns out, i'll be watching :)

Yes i think a desert predator is what we need here i just so happen to have another shin suit laying around i was planning on waiting until this summer to start it but i donb't think you guys want to wait do you?.... I thought not , OK then it is settled i will get it ready to paint desert style!!
Just as a teaser i am going to paint it up like a Narin Hellbreed statue. I saw one a while ago and it is a perfect syle of skin to go with this new Predator
Also i have added at the top of the thread pics of the mask and the back of the suit to the pics enjoy.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back