PVC Dummy for suit display.

Darkwolf1

Hey guys and gals I'm just throwing this up in case no one else has done it already. I still can not get the search function to work from my computer so if it's been done then mods feel free to delete. There is really not much to offer i the way of instructions. I had a bunch of left over 1 1/2" PVC pipe that I was using as racks for staining wood and thought I would recycle them I went to Home Depot and purchased 4 = 90 degree fittings, 4 = 45 degree fittings, 4 = "T's" and 1 = 4 way fitting. I left a port out the back because another pipe will come out from there and hit a 90 then to the floor where I'll attach it to a plate and a piece of plywood all of which will be painted black. I'm going to bungee cord a old pillow to the chest to fill it out and I'm grabbing the polyfill stuffing or some furniture foam from the craft store to fill out the arms and legs. It's light and easy to take apart to move. I'll throw a pic up in the post when I get the foam and stick the suit on it. Total cost should be under $60 if I buy nice foam.

pvcdummyfrnt.jpg

pvcdummy2.jpg

pvcdummy3.jpg

pvcdummyfrnt.jpg

pvcdummy2.jpg

pvcdummy3.jpg

I know you alluded to it, just to be clear you didn’t glue any of these joints. Right? I know how tight 1 1/2" PVC fittings can be.

I can imagine needing to glue the stand in a place or two but I guess it would depend on how the weight hangs.

I know you alluded to it, just to be clear you didn’t glue any of these joints. Right? I know how tight 1 1/2" PVC fittings can be.

I can imagine needing to glue the stand in a place or two but I guess it would depend on how the weight hangs.

I glued the inner part of the "pelvis" for right now and the inner chest out to the shoulders. I also just added a joint in the center of the shoulders so I can pull them apart to don the upper torso and also rotate the arms. I'll throw up some more pics later to clarify.

I've been waiting years for a tut like this. Thanks for sharing. I hope you go on to show us how to make the hands and mount the rest of the suit on this thing.

I've been waiting years for a tut like this. Thanks for sharing. I hope you go on to show us how to make the hands and mount the rest of the suit on this thing.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back