"Push the Button..."

joeranger

Sr Member
...my friend and send me back in time!" (Twilight Zone)

I didn't like the switch that came with my off road light kit for my Jeep so I made a new Button that screams "PUSH ME! NOW! IT'S OUR ONLY HOPE"
There is a funny bit from Fanboys where the "Button" on the Van/Falcon is hyperspace/nitrous-oxide. Galaxy Quest has a funny button moment too.
The Twilight Zone quote was a bit the local radio station played and it drove me crazy for years until SrgBurton on the AL found it.

What is your favorite Button moment? What is your favorite button? I like the self destruct sequence in Alien, but that was too complex to activate the lighting while driving:)

So here is my button. Please post your favorites...

7348985.jpeg

I can't find an image, but there's a scene in the animated movie "Flushed Away" where a mouse character has to "push the button" and it's actually a big red clothing button

I naturally have to agree with the Galaxy Quest Button, but I also liked the "Alien" Self Distruct shut off button/Set of complex crap

"Q" shows Bond the "Red Button" hidden inside the Aston Martin Gear Shift Knob and says "Now whatever you do...DON'T TOUCH IT"

I like the button from Slaughterhouse Five. Its a great book that tell the story of a soldier (Billy) in WWII who becomes unglued from time and thus the book is told out of chronological order.

At one point he meets an alien race that sees time all at once and they know the universe will end when one of them accidentally presses a button. When they are asked why they dont stop it from happening they explain:

"He has always pressed it, and he always will. We always let him and we always will let him. The moment is structured that way"

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back