Punisher (Bernthal) Daredevil Season 2

Discussion in 'Marvel Costumes and Props' started by Sundowner, Jul 11, 2015.

1. Sundowner

Sundowner Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

So it looks like Jon is sporting a faded military field jacket. Definitely not an original but maybe a updated reproduction or inspired by a military field jacket.

jon-bernthal-pictured-as-the-punisher-on-daredevil-set-04.jpg jon-bernthal-pictured-as-the-punisher-on-daredevil-set-05.jpg jon-bernthal-pictured-as-the-punisher-on-daredevil-set-02.jpg
    jon-bernthal-pictured-as-the-punisher-on-daredevil-set-01.jpg jon-bernthal-pictured-as-the-punisher-on-daredevil-set-03-1.jpg

Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
    spartacus1 likes this.
  2. breen2057

breen2057 Sr Member

Re: Punisher (Berntha) Daredevil Season 2

looks like its based on the m65 field jacket. a lot of different companies make this style of jacket. so finding the right one will be a matter of identifying what is unique about his jacket.

Riceball likes this.
  3. Sundowner

Re: Punisher (Berntha) Daredevil Season 2

I've been searching and I haven't found a jacket that is dead on. I think the costume department added the different buttons and dyed the jacket. There are some unique stitching patterns near the crease of the elbow as well.

The search continues!

Fan art
    [​IMG]

4. Sundowner

More Punisher

jon-bernthal-films-a-brutal-fight-scene-for-daredevil-04.jpg jon-bernthal-films-a-brutal-fight-scene-for-daredevil-06.jpg jon-bernthal-films-a-brutal-fight-scene-for-daredevil-13.jpg

5. bullwhipcracker

bullwhipcracker Well-Known Member

punisher jon12.jpg Pic shows a logo on some kind. Definitely a fashion piece, not militaria.

6. Sundowner

I see a 5.11 logo

7. bullwhipcracker

bullwhipcracker Well-Known Member

Sundowner likes this.
  8. ItalianNinja86

ItalianNinja86 Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

9. mmarlon brando

mmarlon brando Active Member

10. Sundowner

11. sp1derman

sp1derman Sr Member

12. SpiritV

SpiritV Member

Alright, I so want this vest. Because all other parts of the costume are fairly easy to replicate.

Here's a screengrab of the vest he modifies an episode later by spraypainting a skull on it.

punisher_base_vest.png the-skull-is-on-check-out-the-punisher-and-elektra-s-new-costumes-in-daredevil-season-2-879863.jpg

13. nick daring

nick daring Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Skullness ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458510516.263041.jpg

14. SpiritV

SpiritV Member

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
    Br00mstigg likes this.
  15. PunisherNC

PunisherNC Well-Known Member

Thank you!

16. sp1derman

sp1derman Sr Member

Sundowner and SpiritV like this.
  17. Sundowner

Man I have to stay out of my own thread just until I catch up on episodes!

18. JLeezy23

JLeezy23 Sr Member

Haven't watched any of the episodes, but the vest looks awesome. I made a basic pattern for the general outline of the vest, the other bits look like add-ons's so I didn't bother on trying to draw those lol. Made this on my mobile so I apologize in advance if it's a bit crappy haha!
    IMG_20160321_113541.jpg

19. SpiritV

SpiritV Member

This actually looks almost like a very generic and basic vest. What would these addons be made of?

I mean, remove all the pouches from this, add some sort of armour plating? And am I right to assume that there's a zip in the front? I'm honestly not sure.

Although, it could be a Molle vest with the Molle-parts covered with plating.

EDIT: Unless... Look at the clasps on the shoulders and the waist. Could it be something like this?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  20. JLeezy23

JLeezy23 Sr Member

The shotgun shell holders look like they're slipped over a strap, and the bits where the skull eyes are look like some sort of holsters snapped/clipped on to me. Very different than any other molle vests and plated vests you find on Google. It might have a zip or velcro front enclosure, but can't be 100% on which one. Hopefully we get more info on it anyway :cool

sp1derman likes this.
  21. Br00mstigg

Br00mstigg New Member

Absolutely love the new Punisher :D
    I thought they would use the skull shape on the jacket to shape the skull at first, but it still turned out awesome nonetheless.

I've started building a (non-functional ;) ) flak-jacket two days ago, if you're interested take a look:

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=258241&p=3938401#post3938401

JLeezy23 likes this.
  22. nick daring

Better quality image of the Bernthal Skull Logo-

bernthal-skull.jpg

I also love how there are little shotgun shell loops along the side of the main teeth area that replicate the look of the Punisher belt from his first appearance costume-
    vest-light.jpg $_32.JPG

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
    Br00mstigg likes this.
  23. Rdmaul

Rdmaul Well-Known Member

Anyone else notice that the vest he wears prior to the final vest is behind the final vest in those images?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. sp1derman

sp1derman Sr Member

can anyone get screenshots of his final costume? for some reaso netflix has now added a block so i cant do it on my tablet

25. Br00mstigg

Br00mstigg New Member

All i could find myself is this promo picture so i tried taking a screenshot but the only time you can see the final costume is quite tiny and not very bright :/

Clipboarder.2016.03.24.png skull.jpg

I'm currently working on the costume myself and have also made some sewing patters if you're interested :)

nick darings pictures were also quite helpful to determine the shapes of the shoulder parts and make more sense of the leather flaps on the side :)

26. Sundowner

Did anyone notice the bloody skull?

image.jpeg

27. jwbviii

jwbviii New Member

Yeah, as soon as I saw that pic I noticed the side straps from the 5.11 Tac Tec vest. I love the idea that the "new" vest is just a skin over the old one but hate the idea that I already own a Grey 5.11 plate carrier for my Jurassic World ACU gear, because these things are pricy.

28. jwbviii

jwbviii New Member

After another look, I guess they are two separate vests. There is the back to the first vest that is covering the second one.

29. RA24_4_Me

RA24_4_Me Active Member

What are you guys looking at for trench coats? His is quite obviously leather though making out much detail beyond that is pretty difficult.

30. Dreamforge

Dreamforge New Member

Thanks for that blow up of the skull! It's awesome.

31. Archer21

Archer21 Active Member

Does anyone have any good body shots of him wearing the final battle outfit?

32. Grub

Grub New Member

33. Chicagovader

Chicagovader Sr Member

His looks pretty close to the one I made for myself :) IMAG0608_1.jpg IMAG0615_1.jpg IMAG0619_1.jpg

LockOn1441 likes this.
  34. Frank Castle

Frank Castle New Member

The jacket is discontinued,but magnoli Clothers might be able to make it for you.

35. Jumpman2315

Jumpman2315 Active Member

Don Sama likes this.
  36. nick daring

Punisher series vest pics!

17884014_1351494048223187_1583709326924504972_n.jpg 667929156.jpg 667929130.jpg 667929182.jpg 667928840.jpg 667929210.jpg

LockOn1441 likes this.
  37. Sundowner

Maybe it's just me but he kinda of reminds me of Simple Jack from Tropic Thunder. It's definitely the hair

Riceball likes this.
  38. Artifice

Artifice New Member

https://www.wilsonsleather.com/product/wilsons-leather-classic-leather-trench-coat.do

Keep an eye out for a sale, you'll pretty much only find a decent price in a physical store. Either way, those are well made and very comfortable - get a size up if you want armour beneath it.

39. Imagehunter

Imagehunter New Member

Anyone recognize this tread pattern? They are not Bates ZR-8, these are from the first season of Bernthal's Punisher on Netflix.
    IMG_0979.JPG

IMG_0979.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2018
  40. Imagehunter

Imagehunter New Member

41. Tribalizer

Tribalizer New Member

Has anyone ID'ed the tactical pants he wears during the big shootout and final confrontation scene in the standalone Punisher season?

42. FastballSpecial

FastballSpecial Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Anyone find the black field jacket he’s wearing during the stand alone show? Is it 5.11 ?

43. coop5150

coop5150 Jr Member

I haven’t seen any up close pics but after seeing a couple pics it looks close to a Levi’s JACket Costco sold last month, same jacket another character wears in the show but in black

FastballSpecial likes this.
  44. ATurnerC

ATurnerC New Member

The boots in episode one and possibly the first couple episodes are different from the ones later in the season.

Boots are Bates 6.2 8 inch side zip boot and the discontinued Bates 8 inch Zero Mass. The Zero Mass boots were used in Season 2 of Daredevil and make an appearance again in this season of Punisher.

View attachment 778166

In this photo you get a good look of the front and side angles of the boot.
    Here is a photo of the sole and front of the 6.2 series.
    View attachment 778167
    punisher boot 2.jpg
    The front looks convincing but if you look closely at the zipper there is a velcro tab going across the shoe, the 6.2 has a nice stretchy material over the zipper instead.. The sole for the 6.2 matches perfectly to the shoe that is shown later in the season.

Now here is a comparison of the Zero Mass Front and Side similar to the reference.
    punisher boot 4.jpg punisher boots 3.jpg
    As you can see, from the front, the 6.2 and Zero Mass are quite close and from the side view there is a velcro tab going across the zipper to secure it. The 6.2 series has a line on the very front which aren't on the Zero Mass or the screen grab I posted either. The 6.2 series is a replacement of this series as far as I can see. The Zero Mass has a different sole from the other, and with the screen grab of the scenes from later in the season, they clearly match the 6.2 and not the Zero Mass which is why I'm pretty sure that they used 2 different sets of boots.
    Also, for the jacket in the photo, I'm fairly certain it is indeed Levi's. The Levi's Men's Washed Cotton Two Pocket Military Jacket in black. (With logo removed)
    punisher jacket.jpg

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  45. JD1892

JD1892 New Member

But what I wanna know is who's gonna be making that Vest!?! Just finished the series and I can imagine seeing that vest with the 2 bullets lodged in the skull hanging in a nice shadow box frame on the wall. Anyone know if its made for the show only or looks close to a real tactical vest?

46. ATurnerC

ATurnerC New Member

Vest is custom, Costume Replica Cave makes a good one, I'm sure you could get a battleworn version if you asked for it.

47. Chicagovader

Chicagovader Sr Member

there is a guy on Etsy by the name of artnwearablethings that makes a pretty nice vest for a good price. It's not 100% accurate but easy to do some mods and get up to snuff. You can get it with the skull painted on or without, I went without since I was going to mod some stuff, I painted the skull on once everything else was done. Here are a few pics from a photo shoot I did with a friend back in October.
    received_10212048003493916.jpeg received_10212267556342600.jpeg received_10212267632344500.jpeg received_10212267608543905.jpeg

48. Tribalizer

Tribalizer New Member

I've had an eye on that Etsy vest but had some concerns with the quality. After seeing your pictures though I think I'm going ahead with ordering one.

What's the name of those pants you are wearing in the shoot?

49. Chicagovader

Chicagovader Sr Member

pants are Emerson Military Tactical G2 airsoft pants with detachable knee pads. I grabbed them off Amazon, they look really close to the pants he wears in the last few episodes, obviously with the knee pads removed.

the vest is nice quality for the price and he gets it to you in about 40 days, mods took me maybe 3-4 hours. I shortened the eye plates and added the clip things to them, and added the material with snaps to the ends of the eye sections, sanded and painted the plastic teeth section at the bottom and replaced the rivet detail at the sides of the bottom side pieces with snaps, I also added 3" black elastic for the ammo holders, very simple to do I added it with liquid stitch then once that was dry added a few stitches here and there for support. The painting of the skull was probably the most time consuming to be honest.

Now I need some of those Bates boots and I can call this one pretty well finished.

50. backstagejack1

backstagejack1 Well-Known Member

Loaded up some of the best pics I could find of Bernthal's jacket in the TV sires. Definitely has the M65 feel. I can agree with the above that it has the same style as the Levi pictured... is that Levi all cotton or is it denim? Bernthal's definitely does not have a denim feel atleast not from these pics.

. bernthal.jpg

gallery-1475760867-gettyimages-612917302.jpg

jon-bernthal-punisher-set-shaved-head-beard.jpg

jon-bernthal-starts-filming-the-punisher-first-set-photos-04.jpg

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017