Pulse rifle BB firing Replica

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by RCnut, Mar 20, 2012.

1. RCnut

RCnut Well-Known Member

Heres a pulse rifle I made a few years ago, I got hold of a chinese thompson and built the parts around it. I made a few improvments along the way as in the strap attachment on the front. Welded steel triangle part and the stock was welded dexion with a plastic butt. It served me well during my skermishing days. I also made a deeper mag holder for a hi cap mag. Also it doesnt creek when you handle it. the master was made in 6mm styrene sheet then cast in resin. I've been thinking of doing a fibreglass shroud but in truth the resin seems to me well up to the job.

2. RCnut

RCnut Well-Known Member

Pic of the resin bits

3. Superkrates

Superkrates Active Member

Superb! Very clean, straight and smooth. What's its weight and which resin did you use?

4. Monster Dave

Monster Dave Sr Member

I agree! Probably the nicest resin kit I've seen! Most aren't nearly that strait. Nice work!!

5. RCnut

RCnut Well-Known Member

Thanks, I got the resin from a company called Amber composits. I'm still tempted to do a GRP one just for the heck of it. To be honest theres a lot of clean up to do but once its done it wraps round a thompson very nicely. One other point, I did one for a friend of mine who provided a TM thompson, In my humble opinion the clone was a mite tougher, the clone had extra little wedges here and there. having said that i did have to upgrade my gearbox from the get go.

6. RCnut

RCnut Well-Known Member

I've never weighed it but put it this way, I wouldnt want to go all day without the shoulder strap.

Pic is of a static and a working one.