pulp fiction question!!

funboy1013xx

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
so I just watched pulp fiction for the 1000th time and I realized something. the movie begin's and end's at the diner. comes full circle, the only time vincent and jules change clothes is after vincent shoot's marvin in the face. soooo when did butch shoot and kill vincent with the full auto mac 10?? he couldn't be alive for the ending... :unsure:

so I just watched pulp fiction for the 1000th time and I realized something. the movie begin's and end's at the diner. comes full circle, the only time vincent and jules change clothes is after vincent shoot's marvin in the face. soooo when did butch shoot and kill vincent with the full auto mac 10?? he couldn't be alive for the ending... :unsure:

Since the film is presented out of chronological order...here's the chronological order.

* Jules and Vincent get the briefcase back and kill everyone but Marvin.

* Marvin is shot by accident, and Jules and Vincent change clothes as part of the cleanup.

* Jules and Vincent go and stop for breakfast, and end up dealing with the robbery by Pumpkin and Honey Bunny. Jules decides to quit the business.

* Jules and Vincent return the briefcase to Marcellus, and run into Butch, who keys Vincent's car after they exchange words.

* Vincent gets drugs from Lance (and mentions that his car was keyed, but doesn't know who did it), and then he and Mia go on their "date", ending with her overdosing and being taken to Lance, who saves her life with the injection.

*Vincent and Marcellus (because Jules has quit) stake out Butch's place after he fails to throw the boxing match and goes on the run, and Butch ends up killing Vincent.

Hope this helps!

A little tid bit about the diner. It was Holly's before closing down then reopened as Hawthorne Grill. That had closed down twice before Pulp Fiction which is what spurned its new ownership. It's since been replaced by an auto parts store. Like most Tarantino locations it suffered the Tarantino curse.
Before that was the location however not too far away is another old skool local mom and pop diner named Mandy's on Inglewood Ave also in Hawthorne. That was the first choice as it was a functioning location where Hawthorne Grill was not. But Mandy's didn't want to stay open after hours nor close for the days needed for filming. Mandy's is still open for business. It was also the first choice for the DGK skate movie. But again the owners didn't want to accommodate a film crew.

Also should add many people go looking for Hawthorne Grill and end up down the street at Dennys. That's not it. The auto repair shop, car dealership and what used to be Hawthorne Bowl (now a doctors office) are all still standing as seen in the film.

A little tid bit about the diner. It was Holly's before closing down then reopened as Hawthorne Grill. That had closed down twice before Pulp Fiction which is what spurned its new ownership. It's since been replaced by an auto parts store. Like most Tarantino locations it suffered the Tarantino curse.
Before that was the location however not too far away is another old skool local mom and pop diner named Mandy's on Inglewood Ave also in Hawthorne. That was the first choice as it was a functioning location where Hawthorne Grill was not. But Mandy's didn't want to stay open after hours nor close for the days needed for filming. Mandy's is still open for business. It was also the first choice for the DGK skate movie. But again the owners didn't want to accommodate a film crew.

Also should add many people go looking for Hawthorne Grill and end up down the street at Dennys. That's not it. The auto repair shop, car dealership and what used to be Hawthorne Bowl (now a doctors office) are all still standing as seen in the film.
Thanks for that tit bit of trivia robstyle. I know that Q.T. loves L.A. and it's great to see some great locations being used in his movies. :)

Tarantino locations were a mixed bag. For every local memory there were numerous filler locations. I brought up the DGK movie as the location used for a diner ended up being a Popeyes Chicken, just beside the exterior of the location of the pawn shop for Pulp Fiction.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back