Pulp Fiction Prop Research Thread

Prop Runner

Sr Member
Hey guys.

Lately I've been on a Pulp Fiction prop bender, and here's what I have so far:

[attachmentid=12129]

It's a silver version of the famous gold "Hanoi ass watch" that Christopher Walken's character gave to young Butch and that years later ultimately cost Vincent Vega his life:

[attachmentid=12130]

I got both the watch and the vintage "© 1956 Fine Ent. Inc" porcelain kangaroo off eBay. The Kangaroo is pretty common and cheap, despite the fact that the sellers pitch it as a Pulp Fiction prop, although the spray paint schemes vary considerably, but good luck finding this pre-WWI Lancet wrist watch in gold or silver - took me nearly a year. :p Mine actually works (not so well...) and I'm thinking of getting it gold plated or using gold Rub-N-Buff to make it look more like the movie version. Any recommendations? It has a pocket-watch style rear case cover that reveals the intricate functioning watchworks inside:

[attachmentid=12131]

The inside of the cover reads "FLEURIER WATCH Co, SWISS" and a hand-engraved number below it. There's even a tarnished fingerprint that could well be close to 100 years old. :)

I know the Apple cigarettes and BMF wallet replicas are also regularly sold on eBay, and I plan on getting those too, but I'm also on the lookout for the following, which I haven't found yet:

The last book Vincent Vega ever read:

[attachmentid=12132]

The matches from Jack Rabbit Slim's:

[attachmentid=12133]

and the "Z" keychain that belonged to Zed's chopper, baby:

[attachmentid=12134]

If anyone knows a source for the keychain, matches, or book, or is willing to take these on as a project, I'd be in his debt. :)

Also, if you've bought or made your own Pulp Fiction props, please post them for everybody's enjoyment.

By the way, the screen caps are from the Special Edition DVD with bonus material disc, which has many great graphics used to create the film's paper props, but unfortunately they compress horizontally when I save them (is that an anti-infringement precaution? Doesn't happen when I save frames from the film itself...), and there's no artwork for the book cover.

I have the BMF wallet and everyone who sees it LOVES IT. Many moons ago, a girl at Chik-Fil-A saw it when I was paying for food and to this day, thinks I'm the best thing since sliced bread. She'd have me show her co-workers every time I came in there. Just yesterday, a girl at Circle K saw it when I was putting my change in it and goes "OOOOhhhh" in that "I'm tellin'." kinda-way. She asked where I got it and I told her ebay. I try to keep where I got it on the down-low, as I don't want people copying me. :D At any rate, every time someone notices, I quote that line Sam Jack said right after Tim Roth pulled it out of the bag. "Das my bad mutha..." well, you know the rest.

I'd love to get a full-sized Jackrabbit Slim's menu. That'd be awesome. The watch would be great, but that'd be tough to find, so I usually don't bother. I'm gonna go look for that kangaroo right now. :D I love props that have practical real-world applications (i.e. watch, wallet, etc.) That's what I love about my BMF wallet... it's the only prop replica I can take with me everywhere I go. Let's face it... carrying a lightsaber everywhere you go would just look silly.

- Edit -
Jedi, that's a great find. I'm interested in that book, now, just to see how good it is.

It's a real book:

[attachmentid=12135]

...the first in the Modesty Blaise series by Peter O'Donnell. She's a female-James-Bond-type of character. I see it on Ebay from time to time...

Nice ass-watch/kangaroo :D
I could never find the gold version either, but I did have the one with white numerals ;)
I still miss it:

[attachmentid=12136]

Good luck.
-Chris

I've always wanted a replica of the briefcase. Doing the lights wouldn't be hard, but I've been searching off and on for a matching briefcase and have yet to locate one.

Originally posted by Chairman Kaga@Oct 31 2005, 10:13 PM
It's Vincent Vega not Tony.....just to clarify  :D .
[snapback]1107155[/snapback]​
Ack. :p I was in a rush... Actually, for all I know he may go by Tony in the Netherlands :D

Thanks for the great tips and leads, guys.

And Chris - nice ass watch/kangaroo yourself... MF. ;)

Keep 'em coming.

- Gabe

The best wallets are at

http://www.badmofowallets.com/

That's where mine came from. Everyone does a double take when I pay for something. The bad thing is I showed some people at work and a couple more people ordered them - kinda takes the coolness out of it

Originally posted by Prop Runner+Oct 31 2005, 07:56 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Prop Runner @ Oct 31 2005, 07:56 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Chairman Kaga
@Oct 31 2005, 10:13 PM
It's Vincent Vega not Tony.....just to clarify  :D .
[snapback]1107155[/snapback]​
Ack. :p I was in a rush... Actually, for all I know he may go by Tony in the Netherlands :D

Thanks for the great tips and leads, guys.

And Chris - nice ass watch/kangaroo yourself... MF. ;)

Keep 'em coming.

- Gabe
[snapback]1107220[/snapback]​
[/b]

I just got my second kangaroo. My first ended up being a gift to an army buddy who LOVES this movie. I never told him what it was, I just said "If you dont know what it is when you open the box, you dont get to keep it". He opened it and said "Butch's Kangaroo". I said "Its yours."

My second one is sitting right next to me as I type. :)

You can get them on ebay for about $10-$15. No prob.

Cool story, Tony. :)

Deric - looks like your source is the guy who has 2 "Buy it Now" wallets on eBay any given week. Cheaper to order through eBay than his site, but great info there, thanks.

- Gabe

Originally posted by UFO@Nov 1 2005, 04:29 AM
i did a run of full sized jack rabbit slims menus a long time ago....buncha people here bought em....
<div align="right">[snapback]1107314[/snapback]

[/quote]
Very cool. Got the stomach for another run? Seems there may be a renewed interest. :)

Here's my DVD mini-menu:

[attachmentid=12137]

[attachmentid=12138]

Here are two very recent additions to my growing collection:

After weeks of searching, I scored a 1965 Doubleday First U.S. Edition of Modesty Blaise in excellent condition (library discard), and a brushed nickel-plated "Z" keychain replica from the UK (both off eBay):

[attachmentid=12139]

The book was published before the ISBN catalog system was enacted, but it has a Libreary of Congress Catalog Card Number 65-17258.

Let me know if you'd like contact info on the "Z" chain seller - she offers "Kill Bill" and "Pulp Fiction" keychains and and other collectibles (they aren't licensed).

Next on the list: the embroidered leather BMF wallet and Red Apple cigarettes... :)

Really, great watch and all, but if it doesn't have that Walken, personal, intimate, some might even say it came from within him, touch, then it isn't worth it.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back