Puff Paint work

cha0tic

Hey there fellas, i've been asked numerous time. Hey Cha0tic/Spiderarmyx do you do puff paint? If so can I see some examples.
I've done puff paint work before but don't have examples of the work as they were sent to clients and I never got any pictures from then just positive feedback.
So I'm starting this thread to show examples.
I'm currently puff painting a Amazing Spider-Man 1 Suit for a Client.
Here is some progress I did in about 30 minutes today before my hand started cramping and before I had to make dinner for my fiance and I.

Also I know some sections are missing a little spot I will be going back over it. some sections I noticed as I was doing it and Instead of risking messing the wet paint around it I rather wait till it's dry and pop the little section in.

Now I know I'm not the worse nor the best at it, I'm doing a solid job. Improving daily and on my grind to get to the top. :)

11986535_1615235752063983_5146911303827845143_n_zps40lg4ijv.jpg

11986535_1615235752063983_5146911303827845143_n_zps40lg4ijv.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I was wanting to ask a question about puff paint and this seems an appropriate place so I hope you don't mind. I have recently bought and used a tulips fabric paint which has 'puffy' on the bottle so I assumed this was the correct type, however they only had the black version in 'slick' so I also tried that and there seems to me to be virtually no difference. As I would now like a metallic black texture on something I wanted to know if all of the tulip paints can be used in this way or if people usually stick specifically to the ones labelled puffy?

Hope you don't mind me asking, and for the record I'd say your work here looks very neat.

I was wanting to ask a question about puff paint and this seems an appropriate place so I hope you don't mind. I have recently bought and used a tulips fabric paint which has 'puffy' on the bottle so I assumed this was the correct type, however they only had the black version in 'slick' so I also tried that and there seems to me to be virtually no difference. As I would now like a metallic black texture on something I wanted to know if all of the tulip paints can be used in this way or if people usually stick specifically to the ones labelled puffy?

Hope you don't mind me asking, and for the record I'd say your work here looks very neat.

The difference is Puffy paint went dried up completely rises up and puffs out a bit while slick paint stays the same. Thats what I believe, I may be wrong so don't quote me on that one.
Metallic black might be a mixture colors but once again I'm not sure. The only mixture I know is Black and white to get the gunmetal color.
I assume you can use any labelled puffy and doesn't have to be just tulip. As long as its for fabrics go for it man.

Thanks for the explanation. I figured it would be something like that but wanted to check before I spent any more on them. The tulip ones are the brand my local store carries so they are quite easy to pick up so I will stick with these for the moment. Now to get my head around the idea of doing a whole suit freehand for my man of steel lol.

Thanks again for the help and good luck with the rest of your suit.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back