PSA: Mr. Paint Hobby Paints

DanielB

Sr Member
I don't know how many of you are aware of it, but over the past 2 years a new model paint company has come on the scene. Mr. Paint (commonly called MRP). This is not to be confused with Mr. Color which is a Japanese brand.

Anyway, I've been trying to find an ultra fine pigmented paint because when we are working in such crazy small scales as Bandai's vehicle series and 1:1000 Enterprises, we need the smoothest finish possible.

I've been a Tamiya and Mr. Color fanboy for years, but MRP has dethroned them. It doesn't require thinning and sprays beautifully right out of the bottle. Yes, it's a lacquer, but as long as you're wearing a respirator (which you should do when airbrushing ANY paint) and wear disposable nitrile gloves when handling, it's fine.

Here is a link to their official site...

MR.PAINT

This is where I order mine from in the United States...

Mr. Paint - Hobbyworld-USA

It just gives really beautiful results.

1ECgxLw.png

I don't know how many of you are aware of it, but over the past 2 years a new model paint company has come on the scene. Mr. Paint (commonly called MRP). This is not to be confused with Mr. Color which is a Japanese brand.

Anyway, I've been trying to find an ultra fine pigmented paint because when we are working in such crazy small scales as Bandai's vehicle series and 1:1000 Enterprises, we need the smoothest finish possible.

I've been a Tamiya and Mr. Color fanboy for years, but MRP has dethroned them. It doesn't require thinning and sprays beautifully right out of the bottle. Yes, it's a lacquer, but as long as you're wearing a respirator (which you should do when airbrushing ANY paint) and wear disposable nitrile gloves when handling, it's fine.

Here is a link to their official site...

MR.PAINT

This is where I order mine from in the United States...

Mr. Paint - Hobbyworld-USA

It just gives really beautiful results.

1ECgxLw.png

Cannot find them at either of your links.

Sounds interesting. I've been experimenting with both Mr. Color and Tamiya acrylics since I got back into the hobby recently. I've been having issues getting the Tamiya thinned correctly and even when I get it right it seems like it builds up in the nozzle relatively quickly and changes the spray pattern over time. The Mr. Color by contrast has worked beautifully, the only down side is the fumes. I may have to give these a try.

Sounds interesting. I've been experimenting with both Mr. Color and Tamiya acrylics since I got back into the hobby recently. I've been having issues getting the Tamiya thinned correctly and even when I get it right it seems like it builds up in the nozzle relatively quickly and changes the spray pattern over time. The Mr. Color by contrast has worked beautifully, the only down side is the fumes. I may have to give these a try.
Definitely use a retarder with Tamiya acrylics. I use Liquitex flow aid. Airbrushes like magic.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back