PROWSE MANNEQUIN PAGE UPDATED

Actually Drew, you appear to be bigger than Prowse in a few respects. Not that this is a bad thing in relation to your mannequin project. I've just always though that Prowse was a little "Thin" in the neck area. You're more in proportion. I've seen other pics of Prowse where he actually looked "Goose Necked". Not sure if this was because he had an abnormally long neck, or never isolated/focused on that particular part of his bod.

Just an observation ;) Great project .

FP

Oh Im not a thick neck :D

A lot of the neck bulk depends on the pose or angle.

If, as in the goofy flexing photo, my head was turned toward the camera it would look very similar to Prowse in many respects.

I do agree I am a bit thicker in some respects....Ive never been emaciated like many of the body builders in competition. Most people who see me think I played football at least in college or something. They tent to be less defined but as thick.

I am refining the torso cast a bit to sharpen up details anyway. Its frustrating because the manner in which we cast the fiberglass torso utilized plastic wrap (to keep the plaster of paris body cast reusable in case we needed to make another). Unfortunately this also created a bizarre wrinking affect that makes any definition harder to see....though it looks like anakins burned head, lol Thats why I am adding the thin layer of clay to help homongenize the surface. Besides, in the costume, none of the musculature is really visible, just the firm outline of form.

Anyway getting back to the neck, no Im not what they referred to Emperor Constantine as....."Bull Neck" Im sure because of simple size/physics, I could outlift most lifters on the machine but it took forever to show anything.....a problem I understand Prowse himself had. He actually looked more muscularly defined before meets.

My former GM at golds, Julie (Im sure she is still there)

[url=http://www.ftvideo.com/genex/results_00/npc99.shtml]http://www.ftvideo.com/genex/results_00/npc99.shtml
[/URL]

complained about the fish and brocoli diet 9 weeks before competing...when she took a prize at some event she immediately ordered a pizza with double cheese and peperonni....dont blame her. :p

Drew,

I thought you might find this photo interesting. I came across it a while back. It's from 1968.

Like you said though, the musculature isn't really visible in costume, but it may be of some help when refining your mannequin.

davidprowse1.jpg

The source of the image is from www.classicbodybuilders.com

Craig

Producing. Yes.

I thought you might find this photo interesting. I came across it a while back. It's from 1968.

Like you said though, the musculature isn't really visible in costume, but it may be of some help when refining your mannequin.

I know, I envy his abs. I had the start of a six pack in the late 90s but could never hit that mountainous level. Then again, I drink a crapload of water which is why Ive never been emaciated ....in that photo Ill bet money he is super dehydrated and hungry.

1968---how old would he have been ?

wow... you know something creepy? His facial features are similar to Hayden's.

Great project concept, by the way.

Has anyone ever put a Kenny Baker mannequin into an R2? Just wondering...

Hmm. Never noticed that before. Well, Hayden is a canuck...and there are lots of indians up there....I dunno. I do have some very slight indian features...Im something like 1/8 Abinaki. When I was born it was asked if my father was asian...and yet he has no real discernable indian/asiatic features. Go figure. A punk recessive gene.

Originally posted by Durasteel Corporation@Feb 27 2006, 06:54 AM
...in that photo Ill bet money he is super dehydrated and hungry.
1968---how old would he have been ?

I'm guess around 27 years old.

BTW - can't wait to see your manniquin in costume.

EDIT:
I guess I'm wrong...the IMDb has David Prowse born 1935. So, around 33 years of age.

Craig

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back