Prototype Darth Vader, Hasbro LFL 1999.

Kovnyn

Sr Member
On Facebook I'm part of a Star Wars auction group, and I recently acquired a Darth Vader action figure that I'm told was an unreleased prototype. It's the typical 3.75" size, but it's clear molded plastic. It's got the typical info in the foot, Hasbro China, LFL 1999.
Given the year, I'm guessing this was a prequel era figure that never went into production. Does anyone have any info on this?

Link is to my post regarding the auction.

Probably because it's a closed FB group.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1572828563054.jpg
    FB_IMG_1572828563054.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 250
I'm not a great resource for prototypes but that looks like Vader from a Jedi Training on Dagobah Battle Pack which was translucent:

That description says the date stamp is 2004. This one is dated 1999, and while it certainly looks like the same sculpt, the Dagobah Battle Pack Vader is painted, where this one is not. Everything else seems to match, as far as pose, points of articulation, removable cape, etc. I've seen this same figure on Ebay, also described as a prototype. Have not found anything definitive yet, but this figure may have been reused for the Battle Pack, with a new date stamp.

I would say that it looks like a "first shot" figure, made in a different material than the production figure to do various tests before it goes into production.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back