"Protoss' Cantina" Rancor Tooth Beer Flight

Protoss

Currently I'm a little hyped by the Galaxy’s Edge merchandise.
This stuff is outrageously expensive, and getting it to Europe doesn't make it cheaper either.

I really like the Rancor Tooth Beer Flight and I think it will be a great idea for the next "May the 4th".
and-snacks-ambiance-swge_13-1200x800-1-990x556-jpg.jpg

However, the cups are really tiny and drinking beer out of thimbles seems a bit exhausting to me.

So that in mind I started making my own Beer Flight. The basis are camping cups made of stainless steel (0.2L / 6.7 oz) on which I shape the teeth with air-drying modeling clay.
After hardenig these are sanded a little and spraypainted. Some weathering/aging and at the end the edge is sealed with food-safe varnish.
20210403_145257.jpg

An olive wood board is planned as a stand.

This is what I have achieved so far.

Last edited:
We use it as a condiment tray at our parties ( pre-COVID)

I love this solution though. They are indeed small

Last edited:
Currently I'm a little hyped by the Galaxy’s Edge merchandise.
This stuff is outrageously expensive, and getting it to Europe doesn't make it cheaper either.

I really like the Rancor Tooth Beer Flight and I think it will be a great idea for the next "May the 4th".
View attachment 1443866
However, the cups are really tiny and drinking beer out of thimbles seems a bit exhausting to me.

So that in mind I started making my own Beer Flight. The basis are camping cups made of stainless steel (0.2L / 6.7 oz) on which I shape the teeth with air-drying modeling clay.
After hardenig these are sanded a little and spraypainted. Some weathering/aging and at the end the edge is sealed with food-safe varnish.

An olive wood plank is planned as a stand.

This is what I have achieved so far.
looking great, nice way to make the mugs

Another WIP pic. The mugs are sealed and ready to use.

20210426_191127.jpg

Next is the board.

Attachments

• 20210426_191127.jpg
    20210426_191127.jpg
    691 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
As the mugs are finished, now for the board.
To have some offworldish looking legs for the board I will use root wood grips from old corkscrews.

20210501_140033.jpg

Removed the metal parts, trimmed them to the proper length and drilled the holes in the board.

20210501_163441.jpg

Last edited:
And it is finished :D Just in time for "May the 4th". :cool:
Hope you like it.

20210503_213129.jpg

20210503_213137.jpg

And while I was working on this project my girlfriend said she wanted one mug too.
It had to have a more feminine approach, so one tooth was decorated with rhinestones and got a special design stand. ;)

20210503_213202.jpg

She liked it.

20210503_213220.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back