"Protoss' Cantina" Rancor Tooth Beer Flight

Protoss

Currently I'm a little hyped by the Galaxy’s Edge merchandise.
This stuff is outrageously expensive, and getting it to Europe doesn't make it cheaper either.

I really like the Rancor Tooth Beer Flight and I think it will be a great idea for the next "May the 4th".
and-snacks-ambiance-swge_13-1200x800-1-990x556-jpg.jpg

However, the cups are really tiny and drinking beer out of thimbles seems a bit exhausting to me.

So that in mind I started making my own Beer Flight. The basis are camping cups made of stainless steel (0.2L / 6.7 oz) on which I shape the teeth with air-drying modeling clay.
After hardenig these are sanded a little and spraypainted. Some weathering/aging and at the end the edge is sealed with food-safe varnish.
20210403_145257.jpg

An olive wood board is planned as a stand.

This is what I have achieved so far.

Last edited:

NathanM

We use it as a condiment tray at our parties ( pre-COVID)

I love this solution though. They are indeed small

Last edited:

PhuketAussie

Currently I'm a little hyped by the Galaxy’s Edge merchandise.
This stuff is outrageously expensive, and getting it to Europe doesn't make it cheaper either.

I really like the Rancor Tooth Beer Flight and I think it will be a great idea for the next "May the 4th".
View attachment 1443866
However, the cups are really tiny and drinking beer out of thimbles seems a bit exhausting to me.

So that in mind I started making my own Beer Flight. The basis are camping cups made of stainless steel (0.2L / 6.7 oz) on which I shape the teeth with air-drying modeling clay.
After hardenig these are sanded a little and spraypainted. Some weathering/aging and at the end the edge is sealed with food-safe varnish.

An olive wood plank is planned as a stand.

This is what I have achieved so far.
looking great, nice way to make the mugs

Protoss

Another WIP pic. The mugs are sealed and ready to use.

20210426_191127.jpg

Next is the board.

Attachments

• 20210426_191127.jpg
    20210426_191127.jpg
    691 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

Protoss

As the mugs are finished, now for the board.
To have some offwordish looking legs for the board I will use root wood grips from old corkscrews.

20210501_140033.jpg

Removed the metal parts, trimmed them to the proper length and drilled the holes in the board.

20210501_163441.jpg

Last edited:

Protoss

And it is finished :D Just in time for "May the 4th". :cool:
Hope you like it.

20210503_213129.jpg

20210503_213137.jpg

And while I was working on this project my girlfriend said she wanted one mug too.
It had to have a more feminine approach, so one tooth was decorated with rhinestones and got a special design stand. ;)

20210503_213202.jpg

She liked it.

20210503_213220.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.