Proton pack motherboard

Steampunk

Hello everyone! Based on my username, yes I want to build a steampunk proton pack. I know steampunk isn't everyones cup of tea, but was wondering if anyone out in propland has a proton pack motherboard outline that I can print out. My brother works for a sign shop and has access to a large printer. I would like an outline I can print out with accurate dimensions. After that I can start adding my own spin on it. Any help would be much appreciated. :)

If you are working on any Ghostbuster gear you should check out GBfans.com They have several plans avalible with all the dimensions you need. Since this is going to be a custom prop I strongly suggest using the Norm plans as they are relativly simple and great for beginers. IF you want pure acurate you'll want to use Stefans plans.

Not sure if you picked a material for the mother board, but I have used thin plywood (about 1/4") without any issues.

Having built a proton pack, I'd suggest building the pack, tracing the finished prop onto your material of choice and cutting your motherboard. Then you have a perfect fit. Despite slavishly following Steven's plans, my purchased motherboard is off a little bit in two places.

Another thought would be to print out the motherboard from one of the plans and use it as a template to build up your pack. Once you are finished, you can either use it to cut your 'proper' motherboard from sturdier material or make adjustments before the final cut.

By the way, the plans listed above, as well as GBfans.com, are excellent resources.

Best of luck with the build.

Ted.

Cutting it yourself is definitively the way to go. And it's accurate. It's exactly what the prop makers did originaly. 1/8" aluminum + jigsaw = motherboard! :p

Awesome! Thanks guys! Never thought of building first and tracing it.:facepalm And I will be using thin plywood for the build.:)

Hi,

My Son is a UK Ghostbusters. He started with a standard pack and is now altering it to a cartoon pack. My wife and I are helping out on their stand and attending the conventions. I'm thinking of making a pack and I think, given my age, a steampunk pack would be appropriate for me

Did you make a pack. If you did can you give me some tips. Are there any photo's.

Regards

Old Codger

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back