PROSPECT

This is on I-tunes now. If you enjoy old school science fiction, give it a watch. I enjoyed the film way, way more than I expected to. It's a dense with detail, loaded with props, great performances, and while the story is a bit slow it has a nice payoff, and I never found the movie boring. Really loved it.

I picked up the film on pre-order so I was able to watch the extras, and there is a great documentary about how they rented a old ship building warehouse to make everything they needed to make, and then used it for a soundstage to build/house all thier interior sets. It's like if a bunch of us RPF members pooled our skills and decided to make a movie.

Why is no one else talking about this!? I finally got around to watching it last night and I couldn't get it out of my head all day. The story and characters aren't anything super special, but the world building and production design really impressed me. For such a small budget and the directors' first feature film, I was blown away. The props and costumes particularly stood out to me (as soon as Ezra's thrower showed up on screen I knew I had to make one) and I was left wanting to see more of this world and these characters. I could tell it was a labor of love from everyone involved.

Nothing pleases me more than a solid indie hard sci-fi film. We need more movies like this.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back