Pros-Aide And Perma-Wet These The Ones?

mikeincan

http://www.sculpturesupply.com/detail.php?id=226670&sf=searchtext&vl=pros-aide
http://www.sculpturesupply.com/detail.php?id=203242&sf=searchtext&vl=perma-wet
is this what i am looking for ?

yes, that's what you need to paint latex (pros aid) then seal (permawet)
Try 25% paint, 25% water, 50% pros aid for your base coat, and others for airbrushing.
You can brush or airbrush the permawet, adding water will reduce the gloss effect, be careful, wear airway protection when spraying because it's bad for your lungs!

I have said it before and I will say it again, this is totally not the only way to paint latex. There are about 4 or so other ways. By the way, you should clarify that the paint in that formula is acrylic paint, not craft, tempra, oil, water color, guache, or other

what would be the best way to do it?, i brush on the pros aide, or do i use the airbrush? next up i paint? or i need to mix the paint with the pros aide thenspray it with the airbrush?

I meant there are other materials. Honestly the strongest bond you are going to get would be rubber cement paints. PAX, which is what we call a mix of ProsAide and Acrylic Paint, is weakened when you add water. You could even just tint your Perma Wet, or paint with tinted latex. Another option would be rubber stamping inks. So many choices. I love rubber cement paints, but a lot of people complain about them being toxic. Cheaper than PAX and Permawet though. If you work in a well ventilated area, and wear a respirator, plenty safe. Same with the inks. At the end of the day, it is up to you.

i'm using or at least plan on using fw inks. will it be the same ratio?does anyone know if i spray prosaide or permawet onto faux leather will it work or turn out horribly? thanks for the help guys and effects guy i'm assuming you have alot of pratise at this or at least work in the industry, but i will be doing this in my basement and or outside in the carport and using a cardboard box as my paintbooth. so i kind if want to go with the way most of the guys here do their paint ups. so from what you are saying maybe we can get not nessarily a tutorial but maybe a thread on differant paints and or other options to permawet and prosaide with ratios and where a newb like me can access this stuff online. crazy idea or no?

I have actually listed multiple painting methods before, they are on here. I cannot remember the thread names though. FW Inks will bond to a certain degree to Prosaide, but after a certain amount of layers they will be prone to cracking. Permawet is more of sealer than a base or primer. Prosaide is actually a medical adhesive. Faux leather is almost always vinyl, and nothing really bonds to vinyl over the long haul, not even rubber cement, except vinyl based paint systems, the crappy paint you see on cheap Halloween masks. The prosaide might yield a decent bond in the beginning, but hard to say how long it will last. For solvent based paint systems, there are no perfect ratios, as we often mix them by eye, adding a little solvent at a time until ideal viscosity is reached.

Questions?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back