Propworx COA help

Jango Wes

Sr Member
I won 2 auctions on ebay for 2 CDs of nuBSG monitor graphics and production graphics and both auctions were listed as from Propworx. I got the CDs and both have a silver, oval, hologram sticker on them numbered 4053 and 4054 respectively and matching COAs. I have checked Propworx's website archive and searched for the COA numbers and by description but I am unable to find either.

I've also seen the same guy selling multiples of the CDs. I assume there are more than one copy floating around and I don't think I got ripped off, but I'm curious as to why I can't find anything on these items. Hell, even if they are bootleg copies, I still have monitor and production graphics from nuBSG, so I'm happy but like I said, I'm curious.

Any insight or help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Wes

Also FYI, the never ending paperwork and discs Propworx is selling on the ebay is being printed by them from the original files and or original copies they had. Propworx COAs don't mean what they once did.

Also FYI, the never ending paperwork and discs Propworx is selling on the ebay is being printed by them from the original files and or original copies they had. Propworx COAs don't mean what they once did.

Exactly. I only recently got fascinated with bsg just over a year ago. I was so happy to see all the documents, and graphix cds on sale. it was chance to own an "ORIGINAL" prop item.. I lost out on auctions for PAPER that neared $80, and those graphics dics sold for 100+... It's cool stuff but glad i didnt put any money into it.. after research I discovered that evey week there would be more of these documents and discs printed and sold... I think their listings are very dishonest

I did however just download all the Stargate simulations from ebay for 99 cents. cant beat it a price like that, and I know what I am getting is a copy

Not everything is in the "archives", they quit updating them so there is a ton of stuff they sold that isn't in there.

SciFi is right, especially the bits and pieces of stuff that sold on Ebay.

Battlestar Galactica Monitor Graphics

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Battlestar-Galactica-Monitor-Graphics-/121253506378?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Battlestar-Galactica-Monitor-Graphics-/121258321199?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Battlestar-Galactica-Monitor-Graphics-/121278185126?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Battlestar-Galactica-Monitor-Graphics-/121293230402?

-Aaron

Well i think the fact that Propworx name is ON the CD is pretty clear evidence it was made for the auction. Not for production.

I can't help but worry that things like this will affect the sale of other BSG items in the future.

(I say that as a guy with a lot of BSG stuff to potentially sell...........)

Thanks for everyone's input. I spoke with the seller and got all the answers I needed. Like I said, I'm pretty sure I wasn't ripped off, and after speaking with them, I feel much better. And, at the end of the day, I have graphics from the show! Win/win.

Wes

"Please note that everything we sell is a movie prop or costume and thus is distressed, worn and generally NOT BRAND NEW. We do not describe every dent, scratch and rip because these are movie props and that is the way they come. Please understand that nothing we sell will arrive in mint condition and may have defects that are not listed."

that quote is from one of the links to an ebay graphics disc.. I just feel that it's so dishonest to market the cd in this manner. $400 ;a pop is a lot of money to make off a copied disc. hologram or not the way it's described you'd think this disc was popped out of a set piece at the end of the series.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did however just download all the Stargate simulations from ebay for 99 cents. cant beat it a price like that, and I know what I am getting is a copy

- Glad you liked the sims, - the reason I do the 99c is cause I was peeved at sellers ripping folks off on those sims.
- I do give them away for free on my Stargate propshop. Facebook site, but ebay will not let you give free stuff on their site
- the Sims were once treasured items but then so many got sold that they became as common as candy - that's the problem with digital items unfortunately :(

- Glad you liked the sims, - the reason I do the 99c is cause I was peeved at sellers ripping folks off on those sims.
- I do give them away for free on my Stargate propshop. Facebook site, but ebay will not let you give free stuff on their site
- the Sims were once treasured items but then so many got sold that they became as common as candy - that's the problem with digital items unfortunately :(

Well the service you have decided to provide is much appreciated.. I still haven't viewed every simulation but it all looks fantastic!

Now if only someone would do something similar for BSG. we could put an end to propworx misleading individuals who are new to the collecting hobby. They are making thousands of dollars by misrepresenting what they are selling

Well i think the fact that Propworx name is ON the CD is pretty clear evidence it was made for the auction. Not for production.

Must have had a bag full of those cd's.....

fyi....Ebay user "linear" is Alec.........aka propworx , so propworx or Alec is selling those as linear is his ebay id and also his username on his star trek board

Total and utter bull****. And frankly, libelous. I know those guys and not only don't they have the original files, but they would never fabricate stuff like you claim. Frankly, you are a total moron for claiming that. I will send Jarrod Hunt over to address your lie.

Hello everyone,

I just want to chime in here and see if I can answer some questions. We have been selling all the leftover stock of production made paperwork from BSG. All of the paper items we sell were made by the production, and NOT made by us, we would never make something and sell it as production made. The production of BSG made various and numerous copies of all the paperwork, literally stacks of it for use in the series, if you look at the descriptions for these items you will see they are sold and described as production made, nothing is labeled screen used unless it was actually screen used, please check the descriptions of the listings.

This:

"Please note that everything we sell is a movie prop or costume and thus is distressed, worn and generally NOT BRAND NEW. We do not describe every dent, scratch and rip because these are movie props and that is the way they come. Please understand that nothing we sell will arrive in mint condition and may have defects that are not listed."

is a disclaimer that is placed at the end of each auction and is there to describe the state of movie props as they are sold, which is totally legitimate. When some people buy movie props they expect them to be pristine, and do not realize that they were used by people on set and most of the time feature damage, scratches, ect. nd has been there since the beginning of propworx.

The disc's that we sold feature graphics that were made by the production, and come directly from the production, we did not sell these to mislead any buyer, and have not received any complaints about them. These were made so that fans can purchase the original files direct form the show's production.

This statement:

SciFiMuseum said:

Is false, we have not, and will not sell copies of these items, to be honest it wouldn't even be worth it as these items have been selling for around $5-$10 at the lowest, like stated before these are all paper pieces made by the production at the time of filming, and are stated as such in the descriptions.

We do not want to participate in a flame war, we just wanted to post here in hopes to defend ourselves from statements that are not true and hopefully answer some of the questions raised here. And please note that if anyone has any questions, such as the creator of this thread did, please email us and we will answer everything we can, if you are still dissatisfied we will offer a full refund.

Again, this post is just to try and answer the questions raised here in this thread, but in short, we have not and will not sell copies made by us or anyone else, that is the most dishonest practice out there. All the ebay sales in the past year have been to liquidate the large amount of paper props leftover from the battlestar production.

I hope this helps to clear rings up here. Thanks everyone!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back