**PropStore Special Announcement?

I took a long lunch and popped in for an hour or so. I didn't have my heart set on anything, but it was cool to attend my first live auction. The gentleman sitting next to me probably spent $25k in under 10 mins on all the Harry and the Hendersons stuff. Without a sweat!

All I wanted from the Auction was Harry stuff.... that guy is a big jerk!
I ended up with Greystoke, and Grinch items. Overall very pleased. But i will be taking a break from auctions now lol

That auction was very very stressful. Waiting for hours on end for the items I was interested in to arrive ( all the time at work, checking in on my iphone, hoping I hadnt missed the items, constantly turning the iphone off to save battery power) and then...BANG !!! Its over in seconds.... I would have loved to have been at the event. I took forever deciding what to bid on. I wanted items I KNEW Rick would have made, not a crew member or hired hand... I was literally jumping up and down when I won not one, but 2 pieces...
:)

Agreed DeadDog.
I took an extended lunch as soon as the auction started. Then propstore had server issues for 20mins. I was sweating bullets. I basically got no work done that day, and told my boss "look if it's been you and the auction i gotta go with the auction".. She laughed and let me do my thing. I had specific items i wanted but didn't win. However my main goal was to simply acquire something from Rick Baker. If a scribbled sketch on paper by picasso can sell for thousands, what will the pioneering work of Rick Baker from the dawn of practical effects fetch years from now.. I love the work he has created and I will cherish my items :)

That auction was very very stressful. Waiting for hours on end for the items I was interested in to arrive ( all the time at work, checking in on my iphone, hoping I hadnt missed the items, constantly turning the iphone off to save battery power) and then...BANG !!! Its over in seconds.... I would have loved to have been at the event. I took forever deciding what to bid on. I wanted items I KNEW Rick would have made, not a crew member or hired hand... I was literally jumping up and down when I won not one, but 2 pieces...
:)

Congrats! So what did you get??

Would you like to share with us what you got? And congrats
NeedMoreBoost. Thanks. I posted what I won earlier in the post but here they are again :) img01 (2).jpgimg01 (30).jpg

I almost bid on that! High end pieces were out of my budget. I think your piece is very cool especially since it was an inside joke between Baker and Grazer. :) good score in my book

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back