Prop Store

**PropStore Special Announcement?

Discussion in 'Production Made Costumes and Props' started by bluerage11, Mar 23, 2015.

1. bluerage11

bluerage11 Active Member

Their scrolling marquee says to check back tomorrow for a special announcement.. wonder what it could be..... Hmmmmm

2. The Prop Stop

The Prop Stop Sr Member

If its an Edge of Tomorrow auction I officially quit.

lol

3. Art Andrews

Art Andrews Community Owner Community Staff

Bring it. Wouldn't mind getting a couple of pieces from that film!

4. luke moonwalker

luke moonwalker Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Or maybe it's just a cruel trick like those "free beer tomorrow" signs :)

5. DavidB

DavidB New Member

Well. 400 pieces from the collection of Rick Baker.
    Have to say that was quite cooler than a Edge of tomorrow auction :)

Anyone got any dream pieces that could show up at this auction?

6. bluerage11

bluerage11 Active Member

wait.... is it confirmed to be rick baker, or were you listing your hopes and dreams?
    I just went to their site but I do not see the big reveal posted. That would be Rad!!!

or has a Rick baker auction already transpired and you were recalling it? id be bummed

Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
  7. Art Andrews

It is Rick Baker. We are all going to be broke.

8. bluerage11

bluerage11 Active Member

I wonder if they anticipated other sites running with this info first. As of 10mins ago they had yet to post it on their site. I'd LOVE to own something from his work.. I know im not in the majority but Wolfman had great make-up.

9. jedichase

jedichase Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Well there goes my Star Wars Celebration spending money. I wonder if there will be anything that goes back to American werewolf in London, or Star Wars?

10. BAlinger15

BAlinger15 Community Founder

Hi all, please note this is a NO RESERVE auction meaning everything will start at $5. We fully expect for items to sell at a whole range of price points in this sale...keep an eye on things you like!

There is a special sale preview this weekend at Monsterpalooza in Burbank, come by and say hello...

Best,
    Brandon

Art Andrews likes this.
  11. Art Andrews

Why... why am I not going to Monsterpalooza this year?!? :(

12. The Prop Stop

The Prop Stop Sr Member

Cameras, Pugs, guns, helmets...your broke mate...

lol

13. Prop Archives

Prop Archives Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

"NO RESERVE auction meaning everything will start at $5"
    This really is going to be something else. Seeing what's already laid out on the tables there is some amazing items. Broke is going to be another whole other level, but loving it.

14. The Prop Stop

The Prop Stop Sr Member

Whilst I appreciate the idea of Mikey selling for $5.00 only a nimrod would actually think that was the case.

i would prefer that fans were let down easily because people realise the stuff on display at minsterpakooza is the best stuff

of course smaller less popular stuff will sell reasonably.

bid early! The enders auction proved that. Stint gun last week $205... Today $2200. Nuff said

15. gizmo

gizmo Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

This will be epic. :popcorn

Pitty I don't have an epic bank account. Oh well back to replicas then. :(

Ben

16. NeedMoreBoost

NeedMoreBoost New Member

Anyone get anything from the Rick baker auction?

17. deaddog

deaddog Member

I was lucky enough to score 2 outstanding pieces. i am still dazed that I managed to...:) img01 (2).jpg screen-shot-2015-05-24-at-10-49-22-am-1.jpg

18. NeedMoreBoost

NeedMoreBoost New Member

Congrats! Those are awesome pieces im sure you're beside yourself. I got the tombstone and skull that will make for great Halloween decor and conversation piece. Not a huge item but glad to come away with something from Rick bakers cinevation studio.

deaddog likes this.
  19. Mr Mold Maker

Mr Mold Maker Sr Member

I was quite quickly outbid on everything. Congrats to whomever scored these pieces! I hope they're kept in good condition.. it's cinema history!

deaddog and Max Jenius like this.
  20. MattgomeryBurns

MattgomeryBurns Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I took a long lunch and popped in for an hour or so. I didn't have my heart set on anything, but it was cool to attend my first live auction. The gentleman sitting next to me probably spent $25k in under 10 mins on all the Harry and the Hendersons stuff. Without a sweat!

IMG_2783.JPG IMG_2784.JPG IMG_2787.JPG IMG_2788.JPG

Attached Files:

bluerage11 likes this.
  21. bluerage11

bluerage11 Active Member

MattgomeryBurns likes this.
  22. MattgomeryBurns

I couldn't believe how casual he was about it! And I regret not bidding on the Captain Eo storyboards - they only sold for a few hundred bucks and I'm sure the value would go up.

23. NeedMoreBoost

NeedMoreBoost New Member

Yes I was outbid as well and it was very frustrating but I suppose it's just the nature of auctions. Having said that I wish Rick baker the best as he makes some changes in his life. May we carry on his legacy with these items that we did win!

MattgomeryBurns and bluerage11 like this.
  24. deaddog

deaddog Member

That auction was very very stressful. Waiting for hours on end for the items I was interested in to arrive ( all the time at work, checking in on my iphone, hoping I hadnt missed the items, constantly turning the iphone off to save battery power) and then...BANG !!! Its over in seconds.... I would have loved to have been at the event. I took forever deciding what to bid on. I wanted items I KNEW Rick would have made, not a crew member or hired hand... I was literally jumping up and down when I won not one, but 2 pieces...
    :)

MattgomeryBurns and bluerage11 like this.
  25. NeedMoreBoost

NeedMoreBoost New Member

Would you like to share with us what you got? And congrats

26. bluerage11

bluerage11 Active Member

Agreed DeadDog.
    I took an extended lunch as soon as the auction started. Then propstore had server issues for 20mins. I was sweating bullets. I basically got no work done that day, and told my boss "look if it's been you and the auction i gotta go with the auction".. She laughed and let me do my thing. I had specific items i wanted but didn't win. However my main goal was to simply acquire something from Rick Baker. If a scribbled sketch on paper by picasso can sell for thousands, what will the pioneering work of Rick Baker from the dawn of practical effects fetch years from now.. I love the work he has created and I will cherish my items :)

27. MattgomeryBurns

Congrats! So what did you get??

28. deaddog

deaddog Member

NeedMoreBoost. Thanks. I posted what I won earlier in the post but here they are again :) img01 (2).jpg img01 (30).jpg

29. bluerage11

bluerage11 Active Member

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
    deaddog likes this.
  30. NeedMoreBoost

NeedMoreBoost New Member

image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I got this. I know it's not a very big or important item esp compared to you guys but it will make nice Halloween decor. I got outbid on everything else.

bluerage11 likes this.
  31. bluerage11

bluerage11 Active Member

I almost bid on that! High end pieces were out of my budget. I think your piece is very cool especially since it was an inside joke between Baker and Grazer. :) good score in my book

32. NeedMoreBoost

NeedMoreBoost New Member

Thank you I appreciate that it's weird Bc Ive been reading Brian grazers book and didn't even realize that until the last minute that it was his name on there.

bluerage11 likes this.