Props lost or destroyed

After filming of the original Childs Play movie Tom Holland kept a hero Chucky doll. Not certain which one, but his new puppy thought it was a great chew toy one day when left home alone.

I don’t know if this was previously mentioned (can’t read all 18 pages right now, sorry!) but every Michael Myers mask from Halloween 1 & 2, except for the H1/2 Hero mask, have been lost or destroyed. It was rumored that the Stunt masks may be in a crew members estate but it was never confirmed, and judging by the condition the H1/2 hero is in, it is very likely the masks have long since rotten.

The Part 3 Jason hero Hockey mask sat on the wall outside of an FX shop, until it eventually degraded and was ultimately thrown away.

Do any of the original metal armatures and latex skins still survive from the 1993 Jurassic Park?

1.png2.pngJP1.jpgJP2.jpg

Last edited:
What about the 8 foot TESB Star Destroyer and the large scale X-Wing that first got lost, then were found damaged and then got repaired by ILM?

Tim

I'd like to debunk this myth:
The 8 foot Star Destroyer and 4 foot X-Wing were never lost.

They were damaged while being shipped to the Smithsonian to be displayed in a temporary exhibition along with a bunch of other Star Wars models. When the Smithsonian opened the crates, they notified us at ILM of the damage. Then they stabilized everything, and returned them to the Modelshop for us to repair.
One cool thing was that the Smithsonian people didn't just close up the crates and send them back. Instead, they packaged up every piece that broke off in individual ziplock bags so that nothing was lost - even the fiber-optic strands and crate sawdust. they were very thorough!
The X-Wing's internal armature had failed. It had been made of acrylic, which had grown brittle over the years. The wings had fallen off in transport, and then bounced around causing damage to other parts. It kinda looked like a giant model kit when we opened the crate back in the modelshop.
The Star Destroyer's bridge broke off and was smashed up, and the port-side upper surface of the main body had a big crack in it (it was also made of acrylic). Also numerous trench details had fallen off - lots of ziplocks for these!

It was a childhood fantasy come true to get to work on the repair of these models. I got into the industry largely because of those films, and here I was piecing the bridge of the ship that I had seen all those years ago back together alongside the guys who built it originally.

They were damaged while being shipped to the Smithsonian to be displayed in a temporary exhibition along with a bunch of other Star Wars models. When the Smithsonian opened the crates, they notified us at ILM of the damage. Then they stabilized everything, and returned them to the Modelshop for us to repair.
One cool thing was that the Smithsonian people didn't just close up the crates and send them back. Instead, they packaged up every piece that broke off in individual ziplock bags so that nothing was lost - even the fiber-optic strands and crate sawdust. they were very thorough!
The X-Wing's internal armature had failed. It had been made of acrylic, which had grown brittle over the years. The wings had fallen off in transport, and then bounced around causing damage to other parts. It kinda looked like a giant model kit when we opened the crate back in the modelshop.
The Star Destroyer's bridge broke off and was smashed up, and the port-side upper surface of the main body had a big crack in it (it was also made of acrylic). Also numerous trench details had fallen off - lots of ziplocks for these!

It was a childhood fantasy come true to get to work on the repair of these models. I got into the industry largely because of those films, and here I was piecing the bridge of the ship that I had seen all those years ago back together alongside the guys who built it originally.

Which Smithsonian anyways? In summer 1998, I was in Washington D.C. with the family and they had the models on display then. Was really cool to go see them.

There is a pretty famous story about some of the screen used batsuits. When the Batshop was closed up after Batman & Robin there were instructions that suits and props were to be destroyed. The story goes that suits were being shredded. Back in the late 90's these things weren't a priority for preservation. Alot of things were reused on Batman & Robin from Batman Forever so that also cut down on the items that survived. Another rumor persists that some of the better items were spared and made their way into private collectors hands.

There is a pretty famous story about some of the screen used batsuits. When the Batshop was closed up after Batman & Robin there were instructions that suits and props were to be destroyed. The story goes that suits were being shredded...

It’s truly unfortunate that Warner Brothers did not also decree that all prints of“Batman and Robin” were to be shredded as well.

I'm actually surprised someone from ILM didn't go to help with the setup at the Smithsonian and be able to fix it on the spot.
He He, It was a lot more than could be fixed on the spot. The SD bridge was smashed to bits, the hull had a 3 foot crack in it and the X-Wing looked like an un-assembled model kit.

I don’t know if this was previously mentioned (can’t read all 18 pages right now, sorry!) but every Michael Myers mask from Halloween 1 & 2, except for the H1/2 Hero mask, have been lost or destroyed. It was rumored that the Stunt masks may be in a crew members estate but it was never confirmed, and judging by the condition the H1/2 hero is in, it is very likely the masks have long since rotten.

The Part 3 Jason hero Hockey mask sat on the wall outside of an FX shop, until it eventually degraded and was ultimately thrown away.

The Halloween mask (William Shatner) from the 1978 film and Halloween 2 (1981) was the exact same screen used mask for both films but it deteriorated due to the materials used and the use of it/and of course ageing... Nick Castle also stuffed it into his pocket between scenes during filming which also wrecked the mask///Producer Deborah hill also kept the mask under her bed after Halloween 1 finished filming, with Deborah being a heavy smoker the mask yellowed and was in a poor state in 1981 for Halloween 2.... Bizzarly tho actor Dick Warlock who played the role of Michael Myers in 1981 was gifted the actual mask/overalls and other props after filming ended which he then sold to a haunted house business owner...plenty of info on the net regarding this..

Dick Warlock also played a role as an assassin and a stunt coordinator in Halloween 3

So to recap, there was only one mask used for Halloween 1 and 2... defo a hero mask for sure tho:)...in my searches in the past i think i seen pictures from the owner of the mask and it was in a poor state which is to be expected of course:-(

The Halloween mask (William Shatner) from the 1978 film and Halloween 2 (1981) was the exact same screen used mask for both films

This is correct. If you reread my post, you will see I very clearly referenced this fact. I went on to say the STUNT masks are missing. “Every Michael Myers mask from Halloween 1 & 2, except for the H1/2 Hero mask, have been lost or destroyed.”

Producer Deborah hill also kept the mask under her bed after Halloween 1 finished filming, with Deborah being a heavy smoker the mask yellowed and was in a poor state in 1981 for Halloween 2....

This was a rumor that has been confirmed many times to not be the case. Deborah was NOT a smoker.

So to recap, there was only one mask used for Halloween 1 and 2... defo a hero mask for sure tho:)...in my searches in the past i think i seen pictures from the owner of the mask and it was in a poor state which is to be expected of course:-(

This is incorrect. The Hero 1/2 mask is indeed the same mask, but there were two other stunts on Halloween 1, which carried over to 2, and at least two additional Tramer masks on Halloween 2. That makes three masks in H1, at least five in H2. The only mask we know for a fact still exists is the H1/2 Hero seen here.
69F3023F-81AA-451B-BAD0-6CB371913545.jpeg

I would suggest you do some research into the films, Michael-Myers.net is a great resource covering all of the masks, and dispelling common rumors and speculation. ;)

This is correct. If you reread my post, you will see I very clearly referenced this fact. I went on to say the STUNT masks are missing. “Every Michael Myers mask from Halloween 1 & 2, except for the H1/2 Hero mask, have been lost or destroyed.”

This was a rumor that has been confirmed many times to not be the case. Deborah was NOT a smoker.

This is incorrect. The Hero 1/2 mask is indeed the same mask, but there were two other stunts on Halloween 1, which carried over to 2, and at least two additional Tramer masks on Halloween 2. That makes three masks in H1, at least five in H2. The only mask we know for a fact still exists is the H1/2 Hero seen here.
View attachment 1084297

I would suggest you do some research into the films, Michael-Myers.net is a great resource covering all of the masks, and dispelling common rumors and speculation. ;)

I do not need to re-read your post... the facts are that carperter was on a shoestring budget and had zero cash to complete the 1978 film.... THE mask for halloween one was found in the trash at the studio and painted white and eyebrows removed..... and as we know of course it was a william shatner prop, and along with the greasy overalls this was it !!

It was confirmed many times that she was... why would someone make that story up!

69F3023F-81AA-451B-BAD0-6CB371913545.jpeg

I would suggest you do your own research.... John Carperter did not not have 10 cents to rub together from the halloween movie Franchise from the beginning and thats why one mask was used in halloween one,,, which is why it deteriorated so badly as seen in the photo you kindly supplied...too much bollox going on in ones heads....

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back