Prop Weapons We See For Only A Second Or So.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bowelrock @ Jan 27 2007, 07:58 AM) [snapback]1405793[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(metamorphic @ Jan 26 2007, 08:24 PM) [snapback]1405476[/snapback]
I still have all the PLUTO NASH molds for the guns ( 9 models) and a couple of hero stunt guns in my collection. I just have no time to do anything about it... Life just goes by way too fast.... :(

BTW The blue & silver gun is the robot gun. The shark gun (blue rapid fire gun) is much bigger, I have that one as well...
[/b]

I never got my Pluto nash gun from that contest about 3 years ago I guess my money order never arivved I still want that gun :confused
[/b][/quote]

PM SENT...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Amanaman @ Jan 27 2007, 01:28 PM) [snapback]1406028[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CeSquared @ Jan 27 2007, 12:23 PM) [snapback]1405955[/snapback]
Mace Windu's lightsaber in TPM. You see half of it for a split second, then he gets a different one in AOTC and ROTS. I liked the design of the TPM one the best.
[/b]

Yes, that's the "******* Maul" as they call it. :lol

It's really half of Maul's saber with the emitter end inverted.

Several other jedis had this saber, some with brassed accents, some like Plo Koon's with blue:

plony4.jpg

[/b][/quote]

In my opinion, this was the low point in SW saber design. Wow, I really hate that design.. :thumbsdown

Don't want to rain on anyone parade, but it definitely doesn't fit in this thread.. :D

FB

Oddly enough, I think Luke's ANH saber would fall in to this category. If you think about it, you never really see it for more than a quick glimpse. Once when he first ignites it and then again when he's using the training remote.

But it never really gets focused on. And if you think about it, isn't it really the prop that brought us all (well most of us) here to begin with?

-Fred

Actually, while that first lightsaber was one of the coolest things I'd ever seen, my personal introduction to the world of replica props came when I picked up a copy of "The Making of Star Trek", back in around '72-'73. That first true closeup of the phaser, and the wonderful discovery that the little phaser was PART of the big phaser is what got me started. Within a day of picking up that book, I'd started on building my first phaser replica.

This is an interesting, old thread.

I wonder if Obi-Wan's lightsaber in A New Hope would count for this thread...

The hilt itself, not the lightsaber as a whole- we get very brief glimpses of it in the film, we get to see it when it's being gripped with both hands, but that's about all. I remember the impression-leaving moment for me with the Obi saber was when Old Ben was sneaking through the Death star and stopped, whipped out the saber, and then ran off again.

I was just like, 'Whoa, that's a cool-looking- oh, it's gone again.'

Really made me curious about it, and I wasn't disappointed when I got to see an up-close picture of a reproduction (although it was an Icons, so it was doubly amazing to see a much more accurate version years later).

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back