Prop Weapons We See For Only A Second Or So.

I'd like one of those Neon Spear shooting thingy's the Slayers use in Krull..

And Tecnically its a weapon, I've always wanted a Peacemaker from "Deal of the Century"

<div class='quotetop'>(Sith Sheriff Brody @ Nov 6 2006, 06:17 PM) [snapback]1352170[/snapback]</div>

Also, I'd like to add Michael Ironside's gun from Total Recall.

[/b]

Actually, I've got a boatload of screencaps off the DVD of that one (dead computer at home right now, unfortunately). That looks like a simple conversion from an airsoft M-11. It rocks though.

Jim

<div class='quotetop'>(Capt MarVell @ Nov 6 2006, 05:54 PM) [snapback]1352197[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(Sith Sheriff Brody @ Nov 6 2006, 06:17 PM) [snapback]1352170[/snapback]

[/b]

Actually, I've got a boatload of screencaps off the DVD of that one (dead computer at home right now, unfortunately). That looks like a simple conversion from an airsoft M-11. It rocks though.

Jim
[/b][/quote]

Yes, they used the .380 acp, MAC M11 with a new piece on the muzzle for Michael Ironside, you can tell by its small size. I didn't know that they made an airsoft version of this submachine gun though.

David.

<div class='quotetop'>(Krel @ Nov 7 2006, 03:23 AM) [snapback]1352353[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(Capt MarVell @ Nov 6 2006, 05:54 PM) [snapback]1352197[/snapback]
<div class='quotetop'>(Sith Sheriff Brody @ Nov 6 2006, 06:17 PM) [snapback]1352170[/snapback]

[/b]

Jim
[/b][/quote]

Yes, they used the .380 acp, MAC M11 with a new piece on the muzzle for Michael Ironside, you can tell by its small size. I didn't know that they made an airsoft version of this submachine gun though.

David.
[/b][/quote]

They used Uzis too.

The only M11 that I remember in the movie was used by Michael Ironside, and it may have been a joke. He dressed his character like Ham Tyler in "V", and Tyler's weapon of choice was the MAC submachine gun.

David.

<div class='quotetop'>(Capt MarVell @ Nov 6 2006, 06:54 PM) [snapback]1352197[/snapback]</div>

Jim
[/b]
I agree with your assessment.

Here are some screencaps of the firearm in question (Sharon Stone's character (Lori) also used one):

<div align="CENTER">

And here is a photoshop I made of an AirSoft M11 / Richter's gun:
</div>

Cool screencaps, I think you got a lot of the exact same ones I have. One thing on the PhotoShop version (good work, BTW) - if you look at the "hologram" scene cap, where the gun is raised, look at the top - the compensator/extension has a piece that extends backwards on either side of the front sight. And something I'd not noticed before, it looks like it has "ears" that seem to match the shape of the front sight. Have to run some of these through PhotoShop to lighten them a little bit, see if any more detail becomes noticable.

Jim

<div class='quotetop'>(Capt MarVell @ Nov 13 2006, 03:22 PM) [snapback]1356718[/snapback]</div>
the compensator/extension has a piece that extends backwards on either side of the front sight. And something I'd not noticed before, it looks like it has "ears" that seem to match the shape of the front sight.[/b]
I'm prepared to concur with your analysis. ;)

Nexus, some cool caps, thanks for those. Michael Ironside sure can make some fugly damn faces. :lol

<div class='quotetop'></div>
I love Aunty Entity's crossbow pistol from Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome.[/b]

As well as most of Max's arsenal. We really only got to see it for a second, including that cool fly swatter.

:)

<div class='quotetop'>(moffeaton @ Nov 5 2006, 06:44 PM) [snapback]1351458[/snapback]</div>
Stormtrooper "space backpack" in A New Hope.
[/b]

I'm pretty sure that's just an upside down snowtrooper backpack- I'll have to check that tonight. :)
You're talking the ones the troops are wearing outside when they pull the Falcon in right?

-Sarge

<div class='quotetop'>(Gigatron @ Nov 6 2006, 04:57 PM) [snapback]1351928[/snapback]</div>
Oddly enough, I think Luke's ANH saber would fall in to this category. If you think about it, you never really see it for more than a quick glimpse. Once when he first ignites it and then again when he's using the training remote.

But it never really gets focused on. And if you think about it, isn't it really the prop that brought us all (well most of us) here to begin with?

-Fred
[/b]

I couldn't agree more.That first snap-hiss............oh,shivers.That is EXACTLY why I collect props now. :)

Come to think of it- I'd really like to get a better look at those steel razor bullwhips from the end of "Underworld" too. :thumbsup

-Sarge

Vera from firefly.

that and the dart from AOTC, name escapes me right now.

both cool, both would have no point in my collection of stuff, but still fun to look at :D

chris

<div class='quotetop'>(Krel @ Nov 13 2006, 02:24 AM) [snapback]1356316[/snapback]</div>
The only M11 that I remember in the movie was used by Michael Ironside, and it may have been a joke. He dressed his character like Ham Tyler in "V", and Tyler's weapon of choice was the MAC submachine gun.

David.
[/b]

Yeah but it was a good joke. Ham was a great character...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nexus6 @ Nov 13 2006, 10:54 PM) [snapback]1356786[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Capt MarVell @ Nov 13 2006, 03:22 PM) [snapback]1356718[/snapback]
the compensator/extension has a piece that extends backwards on either side of the front sight. And something I'd not noticed before, it looks like it has "ears" that seem to match the shape of the front sight.[/b]
I'm prepared to concur with your analysis. ;)

[/b][/quote]

Here is Arnold's:
totalrecalluzi.jpg

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back