prop sound effects help

NOD321

Hey guys! (Been awhile, couldn't remember my old acc/email anymore so had to make a new one)

In any case, I had this idea to use for a prop weapon where it emits sound effects. Exactly like general small toy guns, when you pull the trigger, it makes a firing sound effect. I'm looking to use that exact idea with my prop gun but have no idea where to start or how complicated/simple it could be. I would need it to be higher quality and louder of course.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

When I built my T-21 blaster (which is a Lewis gun from WW2 used as a Stormtrooper weapon in Star Wars) I wanted sound effect but had no idea how to do that. I ended up buying a Boba Fett blaster from the toy store and removed the battery pack and sound board. I placed these inside, rewired the switch to the trigger and added a larger speaker. The barrel is almost 3 inches in diameter so I was able to do this. With the resonance of the larger barrel the sound was quite impressive. Maybe you could find a toy and simply gut the parts you need.

I'd agree...there are many ways to tackle this, but simplest might be to repurpose a toy chip if you're after a one off sound for a one off device you are personally using. As already mentioned you could do a build-a-bear device, or, you get into further complicated devices like basic stamp programming or arduinos...doable, but will take you a bit more effort.

There are lots of different sound boards you can salvage from toy blasters at a toy store and if you want a high end solution that does fancy LED effects and several different sound fonts you can go to plecterlabs.com and get the blastercore. Here is a Top Quest Dual Blaster that I got from Toys R Us and painted. You actually would have 2 sound boards you could use from that one set. I think they were only around $10 USD. http://s416.photobucket.com/user/wadeh13/media/Blasters/Top Quest Dual blaster/100_2218.mp4.html

you can do it by yourself with arduino, mp3 board and leds as i did for star wars blaster here:
http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/19322-arduino-a-cheap-board-for-e11-blaster-effects/

That's amazing dude! That's exactly what I need! Though, all the electronic talk is confusing and I do not need the LEDs and extra switches.

Could you give me some advice as to what components I would need exactly if I only wanted to play only 1 sound WITH high quality sound? I only need to play a firing sound for a prop gun.

So when I hold down the trigger, it keeps playing, but when I let off the trigger, it stops.

Any help would be very much appreciated! Great job on yours by the way!

that sound module (wt5001m02-28p) can be controlled also via switch as you can read from the datasheet
so u don't need arduino serial commands but just one switch linked to, let's say, pin #1 "address of the first song"
actually i don't know what happens when you keep pressed the switch before the end of the track, never tested the control via switches.

so if u want to test it, you will need, that sound board, a voltage regulator 5volts needed to give the exact power to the board, a microswitch, speakers and, if you want loud volume, a mini amplifier 3w

p.s.
there is also another smaller sound board that can be used via switch, but i am still testing that
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free...sound-card-card-reader-module/1404739474.html

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back