Prop Replica shipped to France

Hirohawa

Sr Member
Sold a Sci Fi Prop Gun to someone in France - want to be sure it's still ok to ship it out and. make it through customs without being seized.

It's an HCG Aliens Pulse Rifle with a wall stand. Are these OK? I know EU can be tricky with anything gun shaped especially as the laws are always changing.

Thanks in Advance.

Hey, I cannot help too much I'm afraid, I bought a real gun scope that arrived without issues although I learned later that it was probably illegal.
I got a mango very blaster kit and a blade runner blaster kit, but being kits its probably easier.
Directly from inside Europe I didn't have issues with mgc mausers or airguns.
Good luck

Hey, I cannot help too much I'm afraid, I bought a real gun scope that arrived without issues although I learned later that it was probably illegal.
I got a mango very blaster kit and a blade runner blaster kit, but being kits its probably easier.
Directly from inside Europe I didn't have issues with mgc mausers or airguns.
Good luck

A regular scope is illegal to import?
Or was it a laser/ red dot scope...which are indeed illegal?!

They are illegal to send if you don't have a licence to send it. I have the problem currently with someone in Canada.

If you mention it's a toy or a model kit, it should go through without any problems. I received many weapon replicas during past years (metal M41, Rylo Sandman gun, Racprops BR metal blaster....) from the USA and never got a problem with Customs !!!

If you mention it's a toy or a model kit, it should go through without any problems. I received many weapon replicas during past years (metal M41, Rylo Sandman gun, Racprops BR metal blaster....) from the USA and never got a problem with Customs !!!

Thanks!

Concerning the export of certain items from Canada ,in particular firearms or firearms related goods:

I am from Canada and have had to check all this out a couple of weeks ago about shipping to Europe.
This is my understanding from the Canadian perspective:

What follows is from the Government of Canada website:

"Exporters should be aware of Canada's Export Control List (ECL)

Firearms ,their components and certain accessories are controlled under ECL Item 2-1 and 2-2...Ammunition and related items are controlled under ECL 2-3.......firearms-related goods and technology may be controlled elsewhere in group 2

The description for firearms related goods include silencers, special gun mountings, clips(magazines),weapons sights (Laser,Holographic,Red dot Reticle, rifle scopes and Thermal imaging/night vision scopes) and flash suppressors.

Exporting non-restricted or restricted items to the US may not always require an Export permit but usually requires a US import permit.
From Canada to anywhere else in the world an export permit from Global affairs Canada is required and possibly an import permit where it is being sent.Permits Form EXT 1042for firearms .....Form 1042-1 for ammunition ....Form 1042-2 for firearms-related goods (magazines, scopes,etc).
The process requires applicant, exporter and consignee information, detailed info of goods and may take 6 weeks or longer for processing and review. "

A quick look at the shipping details of MyUS.com,will confirm that:" MyUS will not export any product that appears to be a weapon, weapon part or accessory to a weapon."...."Rifle scopes,laserpointing & aiming devices for firearms" are specifically mentioned in the list"WHAT CAN'T SHIP INTERNATIONALLY"
Here in Canada I have checked with Fed EX......Purolator.....HTL....and others and they all have the same policy.Even with an export permit most will refuse to ship.
Undocumented items can be seized, confiscated and fines may be levied at customs port of entries.

Lastly ,I can also confirm that Replica firearms are listed as prohibited from entering Canada.
These include: "Replica firearms designed or intended to exactly resemble a firearm with near precision:
-are not reproductions of antique firearms: and
-May include airsoft or blank guns "
Please check out" Memorandum D-19-13-2 .Importing and exporting Firearms,Weapond an Devices "It lists everything from brass knuckles to mace to knives ,Tasers ,batons, silencers,cartridge magazines above a certain capacity and many many more items.
I would bet the US perspective is very similar at the border.

Please don't shoot the messenger and please be careful.
Sorry that this post was so long,
Hope this helps,

Gilles

I know EU can be tricky with anything gun shaped especially as the laws are always changing.

Thanks in Advance.

... about shipping to Europe.
.... will not export any product that appears to be a weapon, weapon part or accessory to a weapon

Some things to consider (from someone that has shipped and received probably hundreds of packages to and from all over the world since I joined the RPF):

• All European countries (including the individual countries in the EU) have their own laws regarding these things, and they can be VERY different, much like states in the US. (Here in Sweden, for example, I can pretty much import whatever I want (without a license) as long as it isn't and never was a REAL firearm. Real guns or deacts need permits and special shipping here. In the UK, the restrictions on replicas are MUCH tougher, BUT in contrast, they can get deacts pretty easily!)
  • I shipped a Master Replicas E-11 Stormtrooper Blaster to France a few years ago without any issues, have shipped other items there and they seem to have several airsoft resellers- take that info for what it's worth.
  • Regarding Canada: Many years ago I was thinking of moving to Montreal, so I consulted with an old Canadian member of the RPF who has done a LOT of research on this, including speaking with customs officers responsible for firearms there and the gist of it is that you can't import replicas of modern/currently in production guns. So Firefly Mal pistol would probably be OK (several exist in Canada), or a Corben Dallas blaster, but not a 1:1 resin Beretta 92F. Some folks HAVE had issues crossing the US/Canada border with things like Pulse Rifles. I think it comes down to how "replica firearm" is defined and sometimes the inspecting officer may not understand what something is.
In the end, if there is any question, I make it a point to know my local laws of what I can import, so the seller can ship to me with confidence. And as a seller, I ask that the buyer knows their own local laws and that it is their responsibility if they try to import something restricted. Finding the information needed is, for the most part, very easy. So far, it has worked out fairly well.

To add to this discussion, if you plan on shipping certain real gun parts or even some military gear from the US make sure that they're not ITAR restricted. Even something seemingly innocuous as a scope or red dot sight may be illegal to ship outside of the US due to ITAR.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back