Prop Money I Designed for My Wife's Classroom

Luuke

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
My wife is a 2nd grade school teacher. She had classroom money that was just scratch pieces of paper with a money note written on it. Being a graphic designer, I had to help out my wife with this. So I came up with the following currency notes she now uses in her classroom, now all the other teachers are jealous (hehehe)...
bethmoney.jpg

Very cool, just watch out for the mouse.

In 6th grade we had money and checks.
On Fridays you could bring in things to auction and the bank was open.
Pretty cool for kids to learn how to properly manage money and balance a checkbook at an early age.

It's only for her class. I'm not concerned about "the mouse".

Her students earn the money and use it for things like, using the bathroom durring class time, pencils, erasers, toys and other things. It's actually a great system for her second graders. They learn alot from it.

Thanls SSB. I've ran off several hundred notes. Alot of them get torn up and need to be replaced. She has 26 students in her class. They all get $5 each every week to start off with. I have a laser printer at home. They're smaller than normal bills. I can fit 12 on an 8.5x14 sheet of paper. It's funny when they're all run, cut and sitting in stacks like we're a bank in some kind of foreign country.

Very cool, just watch out for the mouse.

In 6th grade we had money and checks.
On Fridays you could bring in things to auction and the bank was open.
Pretty cool for kids to learn how to properly manage money and balance a checkbook at an early age.

I remember in elementary school we had to do something like that. We went to this compound for a 'field trip' where we were divided into groups and did nothing but pay fake bills for 5 hours.

That wasn't very fun.

Also not fun, being assigned a job as a garbage man with 3 kids and 2 cars (cars which were clearly way over any garbage man's salary or any worker's salary, for that matter), and way over in debt right off the bat. I think the only thing that taught me was that growing up is gonna suck. :cry

We did something like that as well.

Go to this little phony indoor 'strip mall' looking thing, get checkbooks, write checks, play work. Pay bills.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back