Prop Making Panel at PAX East - Video

Great video, Matt, thanks for sharing! I look forward to seeing the rest of it.

I already learned some great stuff from this clip, particularly the video game model viewer bit will come in very useful!

Keep it coming!

Sean

I'm really thrilled to hear that the video is valuable to you guys! that is really great, and I'm glad there's still stuff to be learned. Still working on part 2, but it's a busy weekend. I'll get it up as soon as I can.

That's what she said.

Wait, no, that didn't work. nevermind. :lol

Part two is uploading now. Please be sure to subscribe to the channel so you can stay on top of all updates.

And if you enjoy the video, please be sure to "like" it or comment on the youtube page. That definitely helps me guage interest in the shorts I'm making.

Cleric, MANY thanks for that link. I'm going to include it in the first post of this thread. thanks!

I am super bad with names, so remind me please, did you come up after the panel and say hello??

I wish i could have gone. 4 of my favorite prop builders in one panel...that's just heaven right there. Now add Blindsquirrel, and i'd be able to die happy just watching the youtube video.

Thanks Matt for the awesome work.

Cleric, that PDF is great, thanks :thumbsup

As someone who only recently started making replicas, this information is invaluable and is now my 1st point of referance. You guys are awesome and I will be watching each episode with great interest :)

I wish i could have gone. 4 of my favorite prop builders in one panel...that's just heaven right there. Now add Blindsquirrel, and i'd be able to die happy just watching the youtube video.

Thanks Matt for the awesome work.

Very kind words indeed, and I greatly appreciate it :) What you described is pretty much how I felt while sitting on stage, only I guess instead of four it was three :) Although I'm sure Blindsquirrel was there in spirit!

Part two of the panel video is now up! Check it out, share with friends, like it, comment on it... you know the routine.

Part 2 - From Pixels To Props - PAX East Panel - YouTube

The next segment is uploading now. It's all about tools, and I do the talking. Whoohoo!

If you've already subscribed to the channel, thanks! If not, please do! I'd love to hit 100 subscribers soon :D

Cleric, MANY thanks for that link. I'm going to include it in the first post of this thread. thanks!

I am super bad with names, so remind me please, did you come up after the panel and say hello??

Nah, I couldn't think of any questions at the time, PLUS I had done a lot of yelling the day before, and my voice was ruined. If I got on that microphone and had my voice crack like it had been doing all day...ooh, haha

Also I had no idea that MDF was as toxic as it is, though! Thank goodness for going "Gah, I'm tired of breathing in sawdust, RESPIRATOR TIME!"

Very cool stuff! I was just wondering as I've noticed at least on two or three occasions that what Bill said about using other peoples images or props for references has not been supported on the RPF. Could some of you "masters" explain this to me? :confused

Which part did Bill say that threw you off? He talked about googling for reference images, and using those images as reference to then make pieces. THAT is certainly not frowned up on. Please give more details, and I'll see if I can help :)

In other news, part FIVE of the pax panel is now up. I have two more parts to go, both of which cover the Q&A session. Those should be up shortly.

Part FIVE of the Pixels to Props panel at PAX is now live on my youtube channel. This is the last part of the presentation, though I've got two more episodes that will cover Q&A. Please comment and subscribe if you like what you see!

Part 5 - From Pixels To Props - PAX East Panel - YouTube

Which part did Bill say that threw you off? He talked about googling for reference images, and using those images as reference to then make pieces. THAT is certainly not frowned up on. Please give more details, and I'll see if I can help :)

In part one from 8:15 onwards. Before this Bill talks about Volpins reference images and then says that:

"There are lots of other people like on the RPF who have already taken pictures of their finished projects, you can use those images, nice high resolution images, as references for your projects."

I think it's just bad wording or maybe I'm reading too much into it?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back