prop helmet wall mount

tictoc

There was a thread not to long ago, I think it was Jedyfife, showing how to display a prop helmet on a wall.

I built these a while back to mount some of our helmets.

It's based off a motorcycle helmet mount. We have lots of motorcycles and I thought the design was neat.

I used junk wood (Black paint covers a mult. of sins). I'm cheap but you could use metal bent in nice lines or nicer wood.

Just an idea for those who were interested. Hope it's useful.

I built these a while back to mount some of our helmets.

Very nice indeed. If I used this idea to wall-mount my 5 or 6 Stormtrooper helmets, the room would look like an Ewok Hunting Lodge! LOL
Think about it.... humans hunt and kill Moose, Wild Boars etc. and mount their heads on a wall..... Ewoks hunt Stormtroopers and Biker Scouts, and naturally, they would proudly display the heads of their prey on the wall! :confused :confused :lol

I've attached a 'Visual Aid' courtesy of 4 and a half minutes with MS Paint ;)

Cheers,
John
john@manicminer.plus.com

I added some detail to these at someone's suggestion. Still need to add a name plaque of some sort to the front.

Your mount looks great! Have you thought about selling these?

No. This is something you could make with some wood and paint. I was just trying to inspire someone a bit with an alternative idea.

If you want to buy a spectacular looking helmet mount, search hdtheater...

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back