prop gun question......vaccumforming

DarthJRW

i am in need of some input. has anyone ever made a vaccum formed shell of a pistol and put a small blank gun like this one in a vaccum shell..

http://www.airgundepot.com/blank-gun-autom...-movie-gun.html

.i am wondering weither to do this, because i dont want to use anything louder than a 22 blank, and i thought it would be a fun project

i heard they have done this type of thing in several movies

what do you guys think.......could it work???

sure why not. just be sure to fill the shells empty spaces with soem rigid expanding foam when the blank gun is in it.

-Scott

For movies they take real guns that fire blanks, usually revolvers, not starter pistols, and create a custom shell for them, usually out of rugged materials that custom fit, not vac-formed shells.

I-robot, Firefly, blade runner, new BSG, these are cases of the prop master taking a revolver and creating some sort of facade around the weapon to create a unique sci-fi gun. In films like Aliens or Starship Troopers they created facades arouns fully automatic weapons.

That specific type of starter pistol is a bear to load and fire. I'm not sure you would have success using this one, but what you are saying should work in theory. If you move forward on this, please post some pics. :)

Njc---------------------

What is your price range? Because there are a few options in blank firing guns. Hit ebay and search "blank firing", or try iar-arms.com. Gun broker is another option. I would not suggest the Kimar line of revolvers. Mine broke after it fired about 20 times. www.guns2u.com ships worldwide and they carry some nicer revolvers, umarex is nice.

Njc-----------------------

I ordered a blank fire revolver from guns2u in Feb, and other than an order confirmation email I have received nothing. No respone to numerous email enquiries either.

SAS :angry

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back