Prop finishing methods

What sean said. Sometimes I even tape a thin sliver of sandpapaer to a flat toothpick to reach tight spots. Strips of sandpaper can be rolled up to sand curves and irregular shapes.

What sean said. Sometimes I even tape a thin sliver of sandpapaer to a flat toothpick to reach tight spots. Strips of sandpaper can be rolled up to sand curves and irregular shapes. Needle files are also a must have.

Nail files, Hobby files, and a great deal of patience. I also use the hobby files to push sandpaper into smaller areas when I get to a really high grit sandpaper for finishing.

What they all said, Niall files is a favourite of mine but I also use used emery paper from a friends machine shop, it’s very gentle on aluminium for when I only need to take a smidgies off, I also use scalpels to get into those tiny corners to get rid of excess glue or to sharpen a corner up

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back