Prop Designers Challenge- Time Machine Bicycle

BrandtFX

Hey there everyone.

Ive got a challenge for anyone who wants to try it. Im trying to design a Back to the Future style Time traveling bike.

The bike Im using is a remake of the old Stingray "chopper" style bikes. Ill get pictures of the bike Im using tommorow.

Basically, Im wanting to incorporate most of the original components from the DeLorean time machine. Digital Speedometer, control switch, flux capacitor, Mr Fusion/or reactor.

The other thing I really want to try and use on this bike is the vents like on the back of the DeLorean. Im wanting to use a Fogmachine in the back and have that blow smoke out the back vents.

Let me know if anyone would like to give this a shot. Or if you need any more info from me.

Thanks..

-Mike

Originally posted by phase pistol@Feb 7 2006, 04:02 AM
You'll never be able to pedal that thing at 88 mph.

- k
[snapback]1177901[/snapback]​

haha. that's exactly what I was thinking. :lol

Seriously, though - cool idea. I'm looking forward to the progress pics. ;)

Originally posted by phase pistol@Feb 7 2006, 02:02 AM

- k

But if you could find a way to... PUSH it up to 88 mph...

Couple of solid fuel rocketry motors strapped to it and your good to go straight to 88mph. Or your death. Or both. :wacko

SAS

Sounds like a cool idea. Of course, I always wondered why 88mph. If it was something Doc arbitrarily picked, then he should have been able to reset it for a lower speed during the 1800's (providing he had the right tools, obviously.)

Mounting the dashboard parts will probably be easiest. To get both the vents and the Mr. Fusion on the back, you'd probably have to build a support platform. I'd try securing it to the rear fender, using the same (or longer) screws that are on there now.

Originally posted by Sidewinder@Feb 7 2006, 12:28 PM
Couple of solid fuel rocketry motors strapped to it and your good to go straight to 88mph.  Or your death.  Or both. :wacko

SAS
[snapback]1178064[/snapback]​

We all know how well that worked out for the coyote... :lol

That does sound like a very interesting project and I'm sure you'd be the hit of the neighborhood with that thing. Maybe even charge for rides around the block. Time travel not included.

Bruce

Originally posted by SmilingOtter@Feb 7 2006, 11:24 AM
Sounds like a cool idea.  Of course, I always wondered why 88mph.  If it was something Doc arbitrarily picked, then he should have been able to reset it for a lower speed during the 1800's (providing he had the right tools, obviously.)

[snapback]1178097[/snapback]​

Why 88mph? Because, visually, it's a nice number which lights up all the 7 parts of which the numbers are made.

David

Originally posted by phase pistol@Feb 7 2006, 03:02 AM

- k

Lance Armstrong Could. :p

shot.jpg

Theres the 2 bikes I have to work with. Most of thier parts are interchangable.

I thought about the 88 mph. I think Ill have to go with 33mph instead.. lol.

The reason they went with 88 was because its 2 sideways infinity symbols. There are a few other reasons, but I think that was the main one.

Something I thought would be cool to add to the design is the Flux Capacitor could be mounted to the back of the "Sissy bar", the bar that is attached to the seat.

-Mike

Putting the Mr. Fusion under the seat would be cool. You could hinge the seat so you have to lift it up to put in the junk.

You need a large sprocket on the front and a smaller one on the back to get up to top speed.

The Flux Capacitor can be mounted in the big area of the frame. It can be mounted in plexiglass so it can be seen from both sides. The controls can be mounted where the gear shifter on these old bikes used to be.

FB

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back