Prop Authenticity?

Rapmastac1

Hi all, I am in the process of acquiring a stone tablet used in the 1994 Flintstones movie. A few months ago I saw a tablet on Yourprops that I really liked (among others). I have come across a recent auction that has that same exact tablet for sale. The photos were the same, he was able to send me more photos upon request. He said he didn't have any certificate when he bought it from Hollywood P.A.R.T. shortly before they were acquired by Profiles in History. He said he could provide emails once he finds them if I needed further clarification. He has almost all good reviews on his seller page.

What do you guys think? I'm not super concerned because it's cool to have, but I don't like telling people I show it to that it was used in the movie when it actually wasn't.

Depending if it was screen or production-used, your best bet if the former, is to try and screen match it.
I agree with Alan, see if owner he can send you some detailed shots of the prop and sit down with the movie and see if you can
catch a glimpse of the Stone Tablet on screen. I found that the Blu Ray version of the film is usually the best, they often have behind the scenes shots and other extras that may get you a screen capture. But If you really like the prop, that is really what makes the difference.. Some Production pieces are just Super Cool and amazing to have! John

Thanks for the replies guys, I have seen the prop on various websites and it seems there are quite a few of them out there. There are several scenes in the movie where you can see at least 20 of them. This prop is one of a kind because it's actually made of cement or some kind of stone while the others were made of resin.

I have looked at his other items and was able to find another I liked, it has a COA and there are a couple scenes where you can see it. There are only two of the props in the movie. I like this one more anyway as it seems like it's real compared to the other one. The fact there are only two in the whole movie (they are in the same scene together) is what makes it more collectible I think, on top of the COA.

This is the one I went with - http://www.yourprops.com/Steno-Pad-original-movie-prop-The-Flintstones-1994-YP61092.html

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back