Prometheus

Noumcea

Even though the new Ridley Scott movie has not yet hit the screen, how many of you out there are already thinking about making / building the Promtheus ?

It looks like a cool ship with many details. Maybe it could be a group design with an end product down the line.

Just throwing out some thoughts at the moment.

Saw the trailer and the the ground vehicles made me think "Alien." I'd be interested in a couple of models of the wheeled vehicles.

I'm sure i heard somwhere that the Prometheus was a real model, although it does look a bit CGIY, getting harder to tell these days.

It sure looked CGI to me in the trailer. Got to say I LOVE the design of it. Sleeker and sexier than the Nostromo... yet retaining a similar design profile. Someone will make a kit... eventually...

Alan,

I thought the same thing about some resemblence to the Nostromo. In particular the downward angle of the engines when the ship lands.

Can't wait for the movie then the DVD release. This looks like it will make a great model. I have on the backburner a dropship and APC to build and make into a dio - after I finish my Venator.

Hope the movie delivers. The trailer looks interesting to say the least.

Would definitely like to see this happen, too. Beautiful ship.

I hate to be "that guy", but yeah, it makes me think of Serenity a little bit. You all know what I'm talking about...

Make sure you check out the other Prometheus thread here if you want to talk spoilers etc. There's a lot to talk about.

Alan,

I thought the same thing about some resemblence to the Nostromo. In particular the downward angle of the engines when the ship lands.

They definitely are kind of similar
nostromo.jpg

IIRC the Prometheus was based at least in part on concept sketches originally used for the Nostromo. The original idea for the Nostromo was to have that front viewing window, but I believe it was scrapped due to technology and costs at the time. It probably resurfaced for the Prometheus due to the advances in CGI making it possible without looking bad

tumblr_kydke8oZ2H1qa1o5zo1_500.jpg

Last edited:
Would definitely like to see this happen, too. Beautiful ship.

I hate to be "that guy", but yeah, it makes me think of Serenity a little bit. You all know what I'm talking about...

Make sure you check out the other Prometheus thread here if you want to talk spoilers etc. There's a lot to talk about.

First time I saw it, I totally thought it looked a bit like Serenity on steroids. But I agree with everyone else, there's a definite resemblance to Nostromo. Really looking forward to this movie!

I hate to be "that other guy", but I don't love it. I want to, I just...don't.

It's better than the Serenbetty, though. :lol

LOL! Yep. Eh, they're both okay, but they're kind of the same ship. I'm sure Whedon would admit that. :lol

Hot Toys has the license so I'm sure figures will be made. Hopefully some statues. A 1:1 light up helmet. A navigator full size skull, or 1:1 bust. Lots of props of many sizes. I am hopeful that this will be an epic movie.

Had another look at the trailer and it seems that the wheeled APC's are based upon either the LAV or Stryker.

Judging by the size of the vehicles as they come down the ramp, it looks like the Prometheus is about the size of the Nostromo - give or take about 15%.

Any thoughts on who "that guy" will be yet ?

Cheers,

Dave

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back