Prometheus flamethrower

213ardj

Jr Member
Hi all. I was wondering if anyone could identify any of the parts and pieces of the Prometheus flamethrower. All feedback appreciated. References:
latest

Prometheus_flamethrower_left_side_back.jpg

600px-Prometheus-flamegun.jpg

prometheus_movie.jpg

theron-prometheus-featurette_0.jpg

The bent tube with the brass fitting at the tip (above the barrel)...I'm pretty sure the bent tube is from a grease gun and the tip might be a grease gun tip that has been plated.

Groz-Lever-Grease-Gun.jpg

Attachments

• Groz-Lever-Grease-Gun.jpg
    Groz-Lever-Grease-Gun.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 149
The fuel bottle on the bottom really is a fuel bottle. You can tell from the markings. Which one is another story.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Prometheus_flamethrower_tank_side.jpg
    Prometheus_flamethrower_tank_side.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 929
I searched for the bottle for a while and eventually found Nitrous oxide bottles I don't know if it's them or not but it's the closest thing I've found and they sure do look like the bottle.
B506BE9D-9F35-43F6-A336-AF0C1A24CCDC-3157-000002DB46827844_zpsd963657d.jpg

It looks a little small from the picture to be a full size nitrous bottles. Those bottles are actually fairly large in person.

The trigger/handle looks like something off of a ECHO hedge trimmer or something of that nature.

To me the main tank looks like a small aluminium 1,5 liter air cylinder by Luxfer that's sometimes used by divers for drysuit inflation (with air or argon).
The valve I don't know, it's not a type that is used for scuba diving as far as I know.

The small container looks like an air pressure container made by Festo. These are usually used in pneumatics.
Might be from another company but the 0.4l version from Festo seems to look spot-on.

festo.jpg00982338001288688282.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back