Prometheus Flame Thrower

Mr Webber

Master Member
Really like the few snippets i have seen of this, looks like something NASA would make if they got the brief. As the other weapons in Prometheus are found items and lightly dressed i thought this might be based on something going round now, couldnt find anything.

Thought i might start the ball rolling before more detail pics and just details come out. The frame has a chainsaw look so will start checking that out.

View attachment 98500 View attachment 98501

That last pic is a sloppy resin copy, just look at the seams on the tanks and grip.
The Capt's looks like an all metal "hero" piece.

Here's an action shot or at least a bit of one, you can clearly see the difference between the light weight one used for blocking in the shot, and the working hero prop. Had an idea for a shop bought part although not 100% as it seems there is a button above the trigger, could be an artifact.

I really hope someone makes this! There was a flame thrower in Alien, Aliens, and now in Prometheus. I'm not sure about the other Alien movies, but having the three I mentioned would make an awesome display of flame throwers in sci-fi!

Old thread resurrection, but if anyone is interested, I can get some measurements and (possibly) some close up photos of the real thing.

Might not be for a week or so, but if anyone is intersted, please let me know. I believe four of these were made (proper working ones) and they are a lot of fun to use. Gas vapour is used for the pilot flame (from the small gas tank) and liquid gas is used for the main flame which comes from the main tank at the bottom.

I've got a video on my phone from when it was last used. I'm just uploading it to YouTube now and will link it here once it's all done.

Well that uploaded faster than expected!

Here is the video of my friend just emptying the tank of gas....the fun way! The flame thrower has been 'disguised' a little but I can assure you this is the real deal from the film. It's such a cool bit of kit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I forgot I had this photo of it. I'll be hopefully getting better shots next week along with more details.

Sorry I don't have anything more to go on at the moment.

1a3adb56e2e911e2a3e422000a1fbe39_7.jpg

Thanks for the necro; with info like these (and pics) you can drop by anytime you feel like and resurrect away;) It's seems like a neat machine to reproduce...waiting anxiously to see what's needed for the build. Mr Webber is always watching these pages, so fire away!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back