Announcement Project Runs Forum

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
As part of our ongoing effort to move to a new format for the Junkyard, we will be splitting the junkyard into two major forums; the Junkyard, which will be home to SINGLE ITEM SALES and the Project Runs forum which will be home to interest threads and active sales threads involving the sale of multi-item runs or sales that involve long periods of time.

This serves two purposes:

1) It will make items in the Junkyard (single item sales) more visible because they won't be bogged down by multiple item sales threads that are repeatedly bumped to the front page.

2) It will allow members involved in multiple item sales threads (runs) to easily find their run and keep an eye on it.

Current runs will be migrated to the Project Runs forum. If you are a Premium Member and the owner of a current run, please report your thread to the staff so we can move it for you.

We hope so! I am really excited about the new Junkyard format (which won't apply to runs) because it is something we have needed for a LONG time and I hope it will make transactions happen more quickly and with less confusion. We already have an idea for a second round of changes if the first goes well that will make it even MORE powerful!

I just reported 2 of my projects.

Is there a category for "Active Projects"?

1) Limited run (date deadline or specific number produced), use the "LTD RUN" prefix.
2) Open ended run, use "UNLTD RUN" prefix.
3) Interest thread (the run is not definite / only gauging interest), use the "INT" prefix.

Is the old JY fading out? maybe remove the POST NEW THREAD tab ? just wondering you say project runs when there are still or upcoming projects in the old JY ? with non members.. playing devils advocate :D

Is the old JY fading out? maybe remove the POST NEW THREAD tab ? just wondering you say project runs when there are still or upcoming projects in the old JY ? with non members.. playing devils advocate :D

We are in a bit of a transition period at the moment, so yeah, it is a little messy. Once the new system is in place we will get everything cleaned up. It is going to take about 90 days for everything to completely shake out, but my July it should all be sorted.

This would be a nice feature. There are so many runs here that also function as great tutorials and resources. It'd be a shame for them to be purged once the run is complete (or hasn't been replied to in 60 days).

While you are absolutely correct, this is something we hope to change over time. Sales threads should NOT be informational threads and we don't want to archive them for a number of hopefully obvious reasons. The way a project SHOULD run is that there should be a thread on the site about the piece with info or questions or how-tos. From there, if there is interest, an interest thread should be started, which links back to the primary information thread. At some point, when the seller is ready, the interest thread can become a sales thread. When that sales thread ends, it will go away after 60 days and only the original information thread will be left, will few traces of the sales.

That makes sense... for current project runs, would it be a good idea then to create a new thread to archive the history of the build?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back