Project Mercury Launch Complex and Atlas rocket

Day 18

Great. Now do it eight more times or you're fired.

28277254741_85b3ace919_c.jpg

LM, Congrats on wrapping Principle Photography, that is a huge achievement in and of it's self. But now you get to do the fun part... model photography! Looking forward to seeing it all come together.

I have been building plastic models since the 1950's , when they first appeared. When I was younger I had the opportunity to work as an architectural model maker for a few years. So I empathize with and admire the work that you have done on this project.
In 1962 Revell introduced the amazing , diminutive 1/110 scale John Glenn's 'Everything is Go' Mercury Atlas launch pad model kit , which I promptly built..
As with many of the youth enthralled with the developing space programs I envisioned using the kit to re-create the entire launch complex.
Indeed, about 30 years ago I built the escape tower to match the kit. There were enough photos to interpret to build a passable model.
The service tower remained a daunting challenge that I couldn't meet.
Until I stumbled upon this article.

You found a source for original plans. Is there a possibility of obtaining a copy of the plans?

Revell re-released the John Glenn Launch pad kit recently.
I am semi-retired and inclined to attempt a complete LC-14 diorama using the kit as the center point.

It sounds as though you are incredibly busy, but could you or your friend Michael Possert, Jr. direct me to the plans you have been using.

Thanks, Paul Giltz

I hope that you film 'T-minus' is finally ready to go. Still hope to hear if the plans that you used will be available in some form for others who are inclined to undertake this daunting task. Any photos of the completed work ?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back