Limited Run FLASH SALE - 20% OFF Project M - the DEFINITIVE Darth Maul saber

Saberz

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
FLASH SALE - as the numbers start to dwindle on these hilts, we have a MASSIVE deal going on. Everything in the store is at 20% off, including the Project Q, Project O1, and Project M hilts, and even 20% off the already-discounted Duel of the Fates bundle. Grab it all in the store. Also, the Project Q chassis is very close to production. It was a VERY tight squeeze to fit into the production-accurate sized hilt, but it'll be worth the wait. The Chassis setups for O1 and M are already finished, with many installs already completed around the forum. THANKS!

It was recommended to me that I post in this forum, as not everyone peruses the Project Runs with regularity. Anyway, my 20-year quest to build the perfect Maul saber is finally at an end. Project M is here, and it's rad. I'm SO PROUD of these things. Please watch the intro video; it's long, but worth it to make it to the end (especially for how we solved sound venting)!

We're making a limited run of them in both Hero and Stunt versions. You can get all the info and preorder at Saberz.com/ProjectM - I'll keep this post short and sweet, but here's the intro video for the Hero and Stunt versions, and a few glam shots. Lots of other cool stuff on the way, like Project Q, Project O1, and the Nova Carbon blades. Thanks for looking!!

000_Store_690.jpg

Attachments

• 000_Store_635.jpg
    000_Store_635.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 92
  • 000_Store_691.jpg
    000_Store_691.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 102
  • 000_Store_686.jpg
    000_Store_686.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 100
  • 000_Store_685.jpg
    000_Store_685.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 99
  • 000_Store_684.jpg
    000_Store_684.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 94
  • 000_Store_683.jpg
    000_Store_683.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 90
  • 000_Store_679.jpg
    000_Store_679.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 94
  • 000_Store_647.jpg
    000_Store_647.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 102
  • 000_Store_646.jpg
    000_Store_646.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 106
  • 000_Store_645.jpg
    000_Store_645.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 112
  • 000_Store_644.jpg
    000_Store_644.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 99
  • 000_Store_643.jpg
    000_Store_643.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 86
  • 000_Store_636.jpg
    000_Store_636.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Fantastic work. Holy crap.

I own a copy of one of the Ep. 1 sabers that uses the Maul section and you are absolutely right about the sharp cone ridges, the misaligned rectangular hole, etc. I'm happy to understand my saber is from an early pull. That's really nice to know :)

Did we ever ID the silver knurled thumbscrew? those LEDs, interestingly.... I can find like 2 or 3 versions currently that match and I'm thinking they only embedded the bezel and bulb, making the bulb poke out that much. I've also never seen a rivet like that! Is it aircraft?

Fantastic work. Holy crap.

I own a copy of one of the Ep. 1 sabers that uses the Maul section and you are absolutely right about the sharp cone ridges, the misaligned rectangular hole, etc. I'm happy to understand my saber is from an early pull. That's really nice to know :)

Did we ever ID the silver knurled thumbscrew? those LEDs, interestingly.... I can find like 2 or 3 versions currently that match and I'm thinking they only embedded the bezel and bulb, making the bulb poke out that much. I've also never seen a rivet like that! Is it aircraft?
It's not clear (to me anyway) that other sabers with the same button section as the Maul were actually made from the same source master part. At least not all such sabers. For example, the Starkiller Maul reportedly came from some source part which had the same button section, yet its master clearly had a different Silver Button. The Starkiller silver button had a pronounced dome on its top, contrasted with the undoubtedly FLAT top of the actual Maul props.

Now, what that button actually was? No clue. But I think I can definitively say that Saberz is the first place to accurately replicagte the Maul silver buttons. Well, I guess you could say eFx got it right too, on their solid resin cast. This is the first machined button with correct geometry, correct knurling (55 vertical knurls!) correct radius, etc.

Not sure where the rivet came from either, but at least we know the geometry. ::shrug::

I'm interested, I suppose that the two handles do not separate? very good job btw.
On the Hero version, they DO separate. On the Stunt version, the story is a bit more complicated. The saber does separate into those individual pieces, but currently you can't actually reassemble into two separate hilts. However, we could manufacture some parts down the line to allow that to happen.

So in short:
The Hero Version DOES work as two hilts.
The Stunt Version doesn't do so YET, but it might in the future with an upgrade kit.

For those who have been waiting, the Project M chassis is finally here! Big thanks to Louis Luciano for his work designing this lovely chassis. Check out the intro video for all the relevant info, including purchase links in the description.

The chassis is available either from our Shapeways store, where we sell it at no markup (we get nothing; Shapeways is just charging their own cost), in the Versatile Nylon material. Tested to be printable and working.

Or you can support the chassis designer Louis Luciano and buy it from his Etsy shop. He sells it either in economical (but tough as nails) FDM, or a more expensive (but higher resolution and higher quality) SLS. My personal hilt uses his SLS print, which is beautiful, very dimensionally accurate, and is featured in the video above.

We are currently working with Lou on a chassis for O1, which is coming along nicely, and will be the first pure plug-and-play Obi TPM solution I'm aware of.. Once that's done, we will move on to Project Q, which is going to be the most difficult of the three. Stay tuned!

For those who have wanted it, we developed a pommel plug which replicates the look of the split-apart prop from the film. We've made it available from Shapeways with no markeup (we make no money on it). Just print, paint, and screw in a few M3 countersunk screws, and you're done! Here's the link to the Shapeways item (note, you'll need to buy two if you want a pair), and here are some photos, from the raw print to the finished product. Enjoy!

000_Store_792.jpg

000_Store_793.jpg

000_Store_795.jpg

000_Store_796.jpg

000_Store_794.jpg

FLASH SALE - as the numbers start to dwindle on these hilts, we have a MASSIVE deal going on. Everything in the store is at 20% off, including the Project Q, Project O1, and Project M hilts, and even 20% off the already-discounted Duel of the Fates bundle. Grab it all in the store. Also, the Project Q chassis is very close to production. It was a VERY tight squeeze to fit into the production-accurate sized hilt, but it'll be worth the wait. The Chassis setups for O1 and M are already finished, with many installs already completed around the forum. THANKS!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back