Progress of Plasma Cannon- Update!!! Weathering and Paintjob

Extreme Gravity

Hey everyone, I said I was going to work on the P1 bust today, but I ended up destroying my brothers toy double-barrel and turning it into a plasmacaster.
IMG_0346.jpg

Cutting the plastic of this gun was pure hell!
IMG_0348.jpg

Using some foamies and electrical parts from when I used to make solarbots as a hobby. A transistor here, couple of capacitors there. Oh, and a reed switch! Everytime I crazy glued a piece down, it always got on my finger and I never notice until I noticed I was stuck to the gun. :D
IMG_0349-1.jpg

IMG_0352.jpg

IMG_0353.jpg

What really got me going was that the gun had inside parts! So i modded this out too.
IMG_0354.jpg

After it's first coat of silver
IMG_0356.jpg

IMG_0355.jpg

IMG_0358.jpg

IMG_0361.jpg

Gotta add a little bit more pieces and do some weathering + black-wash after school tomorrow.

And the wristblades are done as of now
IMG_0363.jpg

IMG_0365.jpg

IMG_0365.jpg

Yeah they were supposed to look like bones but ended up making them steel.
The quills in the pictures(proto quills at the most ) are made of that magic Crayola stuff.

Thanks for looking!
And thanks to the people who made the tutorials on modding a toy gun! The thought would've never come to me.

mate thats great innovation!where did you get the gun?i want one haha,i was looking through loads a few days ago but ya never get the size,so how close is this size wize to a P1 cannon?well done!

Looking good! I like how the toy gun turned out, simple yet very effective. Those blades look evil! Hate to be on the recieving end of those! :D lol What material did you make them from?

Thanks for the good replies everyone! The gun I believe is a Buzzbee Double-barrel from Walmart. Im not sure it about it's size compared to the original P1 but I'll get an exact measurement when I get home from school :D
I made the blades from fiberglass.

Plasma cannon update!
Weathering and paintjob applied.
The photos don't show the weathering that well but then again the weathering isn't that good(paint newb).
IMG_0373.jpg

IMG_0375.jpg

IMG_0376.jpg

IMG_0378.jpg

IMG_0379.jpg

I used layers of silver, green, black, and a bit of gold.
Thank you Hez for that fantastic sponge painting tutorial. It really helped get that worn metal look!
I dont know how big this is compared to a P1 cannon by carlart or other members, but it measures 11in from from back to the end of the barrel for reference.
Thanks for the comments you guys!
Next up, the plasma caster arm!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back